Titanfall Closed Beta Signups Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrach

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
EA sucks big. I would bite but I'll play the BETA and probably not care to buy the crap product that they've put out. They haven't had a good game in years.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
If you follow games quite well you would know EA doesn't own the game. They have publishing rights to it and that's it. I may not like EA and how they do business but its business for a reason. I'm all in, the team behind COD that made it as big and as great as it was, was because of these guys. If i get a spot i will try the beta, look forward to buying the game.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
He reassured gamers that Titanfall will not have the same launch woes experienced by EA's Battlefield 4
Isn't that what they said after Sim City? Origin, ME3, Madden, Sim City, etc. At this point EA has screwed over so many people by trying to nickel and dime the hell out of everything instead of making decent games that I'm not going to buy this even if it turns out to be the greatest game in the world. Sorry but EA should give out titanfall for free, or at least heavily discounted as an apology for their past behavior.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
You guys are morons; Titanfall IS NOT made by EA, respawn is the company that made the game.. Anyway, the gameplay looks phenomenal, for those that don't want to even give it a try and whine about a company that isn't even a part of its creation; good; the game will be better without you in it.

fimbulvinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
And Simcity, BF3, BF4, etc wasn't made by EA but their shitass management style resulted in completely unfinished games getting pushed out the door and release beta tested. Idiot.

EAisDeath

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
How did I not know EA was publishing this? "[Titanfall] has a great potential to churn out sequels," this from the CFO of the publisher. This speaks volumes to me. It's a shame, was really looking forward to seeing what the old Infinity Ward guys could push out. Strange how I thought they left Infinty Ward to get clear from an overbearing publisher they didn't agree with. Much irony.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
If you follow games quite well you would know EA doesn't own the game. They have publishing rights to it and that's it. I may not like EA and how they do business but its business for a reason. I'm all in, the team behind COD that made it as big and as great as it was, was because of these guys. If i get a spot i will try the beta, look forward to buying the game.
Publishers do have their requirements before they publish a game. That is part of the drama that caused games like ACM to turn out as raunchy as it did. Maybe different publishers, same story.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
How did I not know EA was publishing this? "[Titanfall] has a great potential to churn out sequels," this from the CFO of the publisher. This speaks volumes to me. It's a shame, was really looking forward to seeing what the old Infinity Ward guys could push out. Strange how I thought they left Infinty Ward to get clear from an overbearing publisher they didn't agree with. Much irony.
You were surprised that the old infinity ward guys had a publisher looking at them with prospects of many sequels? I'm looking forward to seeing TitanFall 9 where they add a robot with a single customizable decal. Once I heard they were from infinity Ward, I expect to see alot of the same gameplay released on the AAA price point with minor changes in several installments, each receiving several mid cost DLC's.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
As with others, I refuse to buy a game published by EA. I've been burned too many time by products associated with them. If a game company wants my business, find a different publisher.

btrach

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

Neither is BF3, BF4, or SimCity. Who's the morons now. Go home.

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

how weird... it took me forever to sign up becasue the pop-up website would just never work, I got it though at last. Annoyed by the fact that the BETA is 12GB, I wonder what the full game is like

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

They have a section that you can actually request to have the xbox1 code with a PC code. They actually fixed mine (sending me a pc code) before I even got finished filling out the webpage.

bucknutty

Distinguished
I was only able to put 3 or so hours into the beta over the week. Its a pretty cool game. I don't really see the point of NPCs other than to confuse things. When you running around fighting and capping points they dont really shoot at you and they sort of defend points but not really. When your in a titan a group of 3 or 4 can appear behind you and mess up your titan pretty good.

There only seems to be 1 weapon of each class. 1 shotgun, 1 smg, 1 sniper, 1AR , and the smart pistol. I hope when they game goes prime time theres more weapons to experiment with.

Status
Not open for further replies.