TL-WN881ND Disables itself and can't be found again on shutdown

MrSledgeGaming

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I have a TL-WN881ND that keeps disabling itself whenever the PC is shut down and when I try to uninstall and reinstall the driver it comes up with "unable to find your adapter" 7/8 of the time and the other 1/8 I can reinstall the driver.

I've blown out the pci-e slot as well as turn off the "allow windows to disable this device when entering sleep mode" but it's still causing the issues

It also just shows up as Network Controller on the device manager, but it still won't let me install the driver

Edit 1: I just tried installing the driver manually and it came up with the error "This device cannot start. (code:10)" This was done by following this thread: Link to that post here

MOBO: Gigabyte h370M d3m

Edit 2: Getting a little closer, it seems I can reliably install the driver when booted into safe mode

MrSledgeGaming

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from MrSledgeGaming : "TL-WN881ND Wireless Adapter not powering on after sleep"

Ive tried multiple fixes including:

- Unchecking the power management option under the adapter properties

- Creating the power shell shortcut with this target:

***powershell.exe restart-netadapter -InterfaceDescription '<<TP-WN881ND Desc Here>>' -Confirm:$false***

Some interesting notes:

- It seems as though the wifi card just kills itself on sleep. Once the pc wakes up, the wireless adapter cant be found under the device manager unless you use the "Show hidden devices option". Even then, it cant be disabled, only updated and uninstalled.

- I used the driver for windows located at: https://www.tp-link.com/ca/download/TL-WN881ND.html#Driver

- Whenever I try to install the driver, it gets to 54% before I have to kill it then run it again for it to work [Scratch this, I reinstalled the driver in one try and it did nothing]