Question TMPIN0/1 (CPU Socket?) Causes Thermal Throttling

May 27, 2019
I Have A Asus M5A78L-MLX3 Motherboard And TMPIN0/1 (CPU Socket Or Average Motherboard Temp) Causes Thermal Throttling On The CPU And GPU Even Though They Are At Normal Temperatures. The Throttling Starts To Happen When The TMPIN0/1 Is At 51C. Does Anyone Know How To Either Extend The Temp From When The Thermal Throttling Starts Or If There Is A Way Too Cool It Down.

mj.ehsan1999.2nd

Commendable
Jul 22, 2018
AMD CPUs before Zen+ uArch have problems with temperature reading. you should add a +27°c offset to what you see ( only BIOS and Aida64 show correct temps ). if as I guess, you use HWmonitor, (TMPIN0=CPU temp, TMPIN1=Mosfet/VRM temp) 51+27=78°c . and this is Steamroller series max junction temperature. so your CPU is Overtemped actually. try changing the thermal paste, and if problem still exists, you have to upgrade your CPU cooler. and a free to try solution is to undervolting your CPU.( I have an A10-7860k now ;-) )

May 27, 2019
AMD CPUs before Zen+ uArch have problems with temperature reading. you should add a +27°c offset to what you see ( only BIOS and Aida64 show correct temps ). if as I guess, you use HWmonitor, (TMPIN0=CPU temp, TMPIN1=Mosfet/VRM temp) 51+27=78°c . and this is Steamroller series max junction temperature. so your CPU is Overtemped actually. try changing the thermal paste, and if problem still exists, you have to upgrade your CPU cooler. and a free to try solution is to undervolting your CPU.( I have an A10-7860k now ;-) )
I Downloaded AIDA64 And It Shoes That The Temps Are Fine But For Some Reason My CPU Core Goes From 1.3V To 0.9V

TRENDING THREADS