[SOLVED] Tmpin4 high temperature

pinchita

Prominent
Jul 23, 2020
Hello, can someone explain to me why when I play, render in sony vegas or other similar things the temperature there reaches 99ªc ?

Y7PjFH5.jpg

My computer is gigabyte gaming 5 z370 aorus + i9 9900kf + 32gb ram + gtx 1080

My Pc and fans...

6pa9oli.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Voltage on the core is an important aspect in Bios when Overclocking. If you wish to Overclock then learn your Bios and follow a good guide. Start from default with core voltage at 1.2V.
If the system does not boot then raise core voltage in small steps of 0.01V till stable. Overclock in 200MHz steps and adjust voltage till stable, Stress test at each increase to observe your temps and to check for stability.
Those are the fundamentals. No point Overclocking otherwise.
TMPIN4 is probably the CPU socket sensor or an incorrect reading however:

As you have Overclocked your 9900k to 4.7GHz then expect temps to reach the figures your charts indicate.
All your cores under load are at 100C which is at thermal MAX and probably throttling down. Rendering is one of the most intensive tasks you can do and a 160W TDP is an excessive power draw.

What type of cooling do you have? I'm guessing your AIR cooled and if so then reduce your CPU frequency as those sustained temps will do unrecoverable damage.

Describe your case and fan setup, the CPU cooler and TIM you have for better advice.
ATM you should bring your CPU frequency back to default and lower core voltage.

Last edited:

pinchita

Prominent
Jul 23, 2020
TMPIN4 is probably the CPU socket sensor or an incorrect reading however:

As you have Overclocked your 9900k to 4.7GHz then expect temps to reach the figures your charts indicate.
All your cores under load are at 100C which is at thermal MAX and probably throttling down. Rendering is one of the most intensive tasks you can do and a 160W TDP is an excessive power draw.

What type of cooling do you have? I'm guessing your AIR cooled and if so then reduce your CPU frequency as those sustained temps will do unrecoverable damage.

Describe your case and fan setup, the CPU cooler and TIM you have for better advice.
ATM you should bring your CPU frequency back to default and lower core voltage.

I've uploaded a picture of my computer and added it here too. I have 7 Thermaltake coolers. Liquid cooling ( Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition ).
I haven't overclocked it, it's automatic frequency management.

6pa9oli.jpg

Bios image, look at the frequencies. Something's not right, is it?

JIk9mST.jpg

Last edited:
Those temps should be controlled with a 360 AIO so something is wrong. pump working OK and Bios fan curves set correctly?
What temps are you getting with CPU at default frequency?
Have you tried to lower core voltage to as minimal as possible whilst maintaining stability?

Voltage on the core is an important aspect in Bios when Overclocking. If you wish to Overclock then learn your Bios and follow a good guide. Start from default with core voltage at 1.2V.
If the system does not boot then raise core voltage in small steps of 0.01V till stable. Overclock in 200MHz steps and adjust voltage till stable, Stress test at each increase to observe your temps and to check for stability.
Those are the fundamentals. No point Overclocking otherwise.

Solution