[SOLVED] TN 4k monitor = Display Colors : 1073.7M (10bit) IPS 2k monitor = Display Colors : 16.7M (real 8 bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help4567

BANNED
Sep 9, 2019
I was using TN panel 1ms responsetime 4k (3840x2160) 60Hz monitor for 2 years.
Now i bought a IPS panel 4ms responsetime 2k (25601440) 144hz +with gsync

The most diffrence for me is the colors:

The 4k monitor = Display Colors : 1073.7M (10bit)
The 2k monitor = Display Colors : 16.7M (real 8 bit)

For me thats a huge diffrence in color space, or maybe its just the IPS and TN look complelty diffrent?

144Hz feels smooth and good to play but i miss the colors from TN panel.

How do i make the IPS looking good? its all on default settings now.
In gamevisual options i use RacingMode
Brightness is 60
Contrast is 50
Saturations is greyed out
ColorTemp = R G B all three set to 100%

TN panel 4k monitor = Display Colors : 1073.7M (10bit)
IPS panel 2k monitor = Display Colors : 16.7M (real 8 bit)

8bit vs 10bit = 1073 milion vs 16 milion
What? Thats nothing? is that not a huge diffrence in color space?

If there is a way to make IPS colors look good id be happy if anyone can explain in comments how to do it. i got no clue^^

Last edited:

TJ Hooker

Glorious
Herald
FYI, just because the monitor is capable of displaying 10 bit color doesn't mean any of the content you're looking at is in 10 bit color. Try changing between 10 bit and 8 bit on the 4K monitor, I doubt you'll be able to see a difference.

Which exact monitors?

Edit: You can actually have 10 bit monitors with poorer color gamuts than an 8 bit monitor. IPS panels usually have better colors than TN.

TJ Hooker

Glorious
Herald
FYI, just because the monitor is capable of displaying 10 bit color doesn't mean any of the content you're looking at is in 10 bit color. Try changing between 10 bit and 8 bit on the 4K monitor, I doubt you'll be able to see a difference.

Which exact monitors?

Edit: You can actually have 10 bit monitors with poorer color gamuts than an 8 bit monitor. IPS panels usually have better colors than TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS