TN for Gaming & IPS Monitor for Multitasking?

Dec 5, 2013
Hello guys! I am planning on building a gaming computer and playing on 1080x1920 or so I assume, on a 24" monitor.

The gaming monitor on my mind is the ASUS VG248QE due to the amazing reviews of this badboy, along with the 144hz.
However, I plan on using one for gaming and another monitor for movie watching/multitasking/youtube/streams and so on, and thus I wonder: Should I buy an IPS monitor for this as the gaming monitor is a TN panel, and I assume I'd be more pleased with an IPS for movie watching and such? If so, could you recommend me any nice 24" ISP under 320$?

rdc85

Honorable
I'm using dell U2312 IPS monitor 23"...

It's using old IPS tech/panel.. but I'm never wanna go back.. the wide viewing angle really helps for watching movies (I'm not sit still type)

I'm only goes/recommend to Dell Ultrasharp and Asus ProArt model they goes with premium price, but from i know they have solid build and pre-calibrated color accuracy...

cannot said about TN monitor..

I don't think there are any IPS panels at 144Hz but I could be wrong.

Personally after comparing many monitors I do prefer IPS overall but there are Pros and Cons to both, nor are all IPS panels equal (same for TN and other panels).

For me, I'll take IPS at 60Hz rather than other panels at 144Hz.

*Try going to pcpartpicker, list all the monitors and FILTER them down to a manageable size, then Google for reviews.

Your processor and GPU are very good. Get that Asus gaming monitor and a nice big IPS for doing other stuff.

IPS is great for photo editing and viewing videos as the colors are far superior.

For $320 get a 27 inch one instead. Many to choose from.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/186-0642952-9686051?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=27%20inch%20monitor&sprefix=27+inch+%2Celectronics&rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Ck%3A27%20inch%20monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020%201309821329&Tpk=27%22%20monitor