TNT2 M64 Conflict. Help!

G

I seem to be having a conflict with my video card. Can anybody help me with this. I have:

Jaton 3D Force b-32 TNT2 M64 32mb video card
Asus A7A266 Motherboard
Athlon 1.33 ghz processor
256mb DDR Ram

The problem is when running Windows ME with the default drivers, even using the new Detonator XP drivers, everything seems okay. But when I install ALI’s AGP driver from my ASUS motherboard CDROM, none of my 3D games work. The system hangs about 5 seconds into any 3D game. When I upgraded to Windows XP, the default drivers for XP caused the same problem, even with NVIDIA’s detonator XP drivers. To isolate the problem, I installed a Voodoo 3 3000 card in my machine with Windows ME under the same circumstances as the Jaton card. It worked fine, even with ALI’s AGP drivers. I also installed the Jaton card in a different machine that has an older PIII motherboard which was running Windows XP. It also worked fine with the detonator XP drivers doing everything, including rendering 3D games. So is this a conflict between the Jaton card and the ASUS A7A266 Motherboard??? If so what do I do?

Thanks.

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try installing the AGP driver before you install the vidoe card driver. Also, try using the OEM video device drivers instead of the Detonator XP drivers.

<font color=blue>Another waste of bandwidth on the web. :tongue: </font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS