TNT2 Ultra and Asus A7V133 MB

G

Is anyone out there successfully running a system similar to this:

A7V133 motherboard
AMD-C TB 1.1GHz processor
(*.5 multiplier/133fsb)
256MB PC133 SDRAM
RIVA TNT2 Ultra 32MB AGP

I have the system up and running but the video keeps locking on me. The faster the CPU is overclocked, the sooner the video locks up. It <b>does</b> lockup when not overclocked too. I am going to try the system @ 100MHz fsb tonight and see if that helps.

Please let me know if you have seen this work.

-bumble

G

oh finally, a person with the same problem as me, i have a similar system, with specs:

Asus A7V133 Motherboard
Diamond Viper V770 TNT2 Ultra 32MB AGP (4x)
128mb RAM PC133
Athlon 900 (100x9, or 133x7 [931 actually])

My machine locks up, and originally i thought it was the graphics card being o/c (i mean it was only 5mhz over), but then i underclocked it, and i found the same problem.

The higher i take the cpu, the earlier the machine kicks out, but the problem as you say still arises when running standard clock speeds (both cpu and gpu).

Just thought id also tell you that i get this problem with both win98_se and WinME...

Reply if you get anything...

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I used to have a millenium 2/voodoo2 setup that did the same thing, lock up the system under win2k after a minute.
Picked up a geforce2, and everything smoothed out with the lockups. If I plug in the voodoo2 along with the geforce2, I get lockups when I go under display properties. I'd like to get a little used out of that voodoo2.
I don't think the a7v133 likes too many 'legacy' devices. Make sure you've got fast writes turned off, and try running at 2XAGP.

G

Yup, it looks like you are I are the lucky ones. I have a Geforce2 on order and hope to receive it early next week. When I do, I will crank everything back up and see if the problem persists. I will post results on this thread- I just won't have them until sometime next week.

Hey one update to this. I have reduced by Core Voltage from the 1.825/1.85V setting to the 1.775/1.8V setting. I have been running @ 1.133GHz for over an hour now!! And since I just typed that I am sure I will lockup!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bumble on 03/07/01 09:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Not sure on the divider. I will have to check when I get home but I don't remember seeing one.

The CPU is an Althon-C so no overclocking.

-bumble