[SOLVED] To anyone who has/knows about the MSI MAG vampiric 011C ryzen edition...

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
Well, I'm deciding on a build (which, i did a few adjustments to, regarding some stuffs) and this ryzen edition chassis caught my eye (my components are a R5 5600X and a RX 6600XT, so naturally, team red will look nice together). However i have a few questions for anyone who can answer them:-
1. The front panel lights are RGB, right? I can probably sync them with the Mystic light thing?

2. Can I fit 120mm fans on front? Three? Will i have to remove the frame? It says it features a radiator support in the front too but with a bracket saying (when frame is removed), i think i won't have to though, seeing that radiators are thicker than normal case fans...

3. How many fans are necessary? This comes with a pre-installed 120mm in the back and I'm getting a coreliquid 240r radiator to fix to the top as well.

4. (Optional, because it's PSU related, not to the case in general), will a Corsair CX550M be good to power it?

Sorry for the slew of questions, it'll be my first build and i want it to last for as much as possible :/

Solution
1 As for the RGB lighting, in my case i can control my front case lighting on by the Case button because i dont have the header for it to be connected to motherboard for it to be controlled like custom colors, So in your case kindly check the case spec and narrow on which mobo you want to buy. for eg i can control my 120mm exhaust fan to whatever color i want like the paint in windows, by controlling it through my motherboard,

2 For Radiator most well case will have enough room for the radiator to be fixed, in my case i have three 120mm fans in the front and have enough room for the radiator too, the size a normally standard, just check the case spec and dimensions,

3 I use an Ryzen 53600, cooled by a Antec A400 tower cooler, I have a...

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
1 As for the RGB lighting, in my case i can control my front case lighting on by the Case button because i dont have the header for it to be connected to motherboard for it to be controlled like custom colors, So in your case kindly check the case spec and narrow on which mobo you want to buy. for eg i can control my 120mm exhaust fan to whatever color i want like the paint in windows, by controlling it through my motherboard,

2 For Radiator most well case will have enough room for the radiator to be fixed, in my case i have three 120mm fans in the front and have enough room for the radiator too, the size a normally standard, just check the case spec and dimensions,

3 I use an Ryzen 53600, cooled by a Antec A400 tower cooler, I have a three 120mm intakes and one 1 120mm exhaust, my idle is 43 and load in games like assassins creed is 65deg,
So if you gonna overclock in future then three intakes and one exhaust with a good tower Air cooler or a AIO is enough, Bottomline is you have to maintain a good air flow to maintain the temperature, the cooling depends upon your needs, So the cooling config depends upon your needs, you need to maintain a positive airflow.

4 As for power supply CX550 is a decent on, good for the budget but if you can increase your budget go for a Gold one. and buy a PSU at least a 50Watts more than your peak. Your approx power requirements is 361 watts, so the 550 should be enough, but just get a gold if you can

Last edited:
Solution

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
narrow on which mobo you want to buy
Well, since the CPU is a 5600X, I'm going with the MAG B550 tomahawk

As for power supply CX550 is a decent on, good for the budget but if you can increase your budget go for a Gold one. and buy a PSU at least a 50Watts more than your peak. Your approx power requirements is 361 watts, so the 550 should be enough, but just get a gold if you can
It'll be a pain to try and adjust that in the budget, but I'll try to do so.

Reactions: coolraveen