[SOLVED] To avoid eye strain at work, should I choose IPS or rather TN if I mainly work with texts?

Jun 18, 2020
I'm going to buy a new laptop for my work and am confused by conflicting advice by consultants at shops. Two consultants said that IPS displays are more eye-friendly than TN displays are, but another consultant said that since I mainly work with texts and documents, I should choose a laptop with a TN display to minimize eye strain. I did research on the Internet and found conflicting opinions. For instance, this article says that IPS displays are better for eyes than TN displays are, while some people say that IPS displays, but not TN displays, hurt their eyes (see, for example, this post). Comparing IPS and TN laptop displays in shops, I see that IPS displays are sharper, but how can I tell how my eyes will feel after a few hours of work in front of an IPS display? I've never had one.

I know that the most important thing is to choose a laptop with a matte display rather than with a glossy display, but I'm confused about choosing between IPS and TN.

So which type of display - IPS or TN - minimizes eye strain at work if the work is with texts and documents, or is the choice between these two technologies unimportant in terms of eye strain?