To build a network for Internet Cafe

shadowbeat

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hi guys, I am new to this forum & this is my first post please guide me . I am running a internet cafe and I have 7 Computer here all are connected with a router with a cate5 cable and 2 printers which are connected to 2 computers and through those 2 computers I have shred printers to other computers now I want to control all 7 Computers with another computer. So how can I do this through a network. and softwares ? Sorry for bad english :D

What do you mean by "control"? For remote access you can use the built-in microsoft program "mstsc" Do you need access control with accounts? You can setup a domain with users and logon passwords. Need some details about what you are trying to accomplish exactly.

Roylex Sitana

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

hey i also having problem to setup this kind of system for my internet caf'e one of my IT friend said i just need a i5 or i7 pc or laptop to become a server for the network, but you have to link all your client pc and printer to a TP-LINK switch modem so that they all become network. Then install cafe-manger software so that it monitor from one counter pc all your pc and printer user billings. Pliz info me if you already have solution on how to setup..thanks

choucove

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
In this type of situation I'd highly recommend setting up a domain environment. This way you can manage user account access and controls for all of your computers from one central domain controller computer. This means you can also configure features such as session time limits or specific login times, access control restriction (such as disabling access to Control Panel options) and you can further segment access to information in your network.

You also need to consider building separate VLANs if you are using business computer systems on the same network as your public computers. This is a big issue. You don't want your customers being able to come hop on one of your public computers and have open access to all of your business network and data.