To build or not to build

bentgate

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Hi All, I was hoping I could get some advice from the collective knowledge.

I am looking to spec out my own system that will be used as a gaming machine for MMOs and media center. It is important that I can run the MMO on all the highest settings. I am pretty set with specs the one question I am having is this: Should I use a company that can put together the system for me after I spec it out or should I order all the parts and build it myself?

I am very techinical and would not have a problem building the system (alhtough it would be my first) the question is : is it worth my time? Should I use a company like Cyber Power? I am a little leary about having a company build my system because I will not know the quality. Does anyone know of a reputable site that will do this? Or have used anyone that does this?

I just had a baby so my time is limited but I want to make the right choice and get the computer with the specs I have selected.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
I would build yourself, you would save some cash that could be put towards better components. It only takes a few hours to build and install the os. I just spec'ed out a pc from cyberpower as close to the build in my sig as i could (cheaper ram, gfx card, psu, and mobo because they didnt have certain components.), and it came to about $200 more.

bentgate

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
For me $200 more might be worth it, if I know Cyber power is a good company and they build their products in a quality way.

Has anyone had an dealings with Cyber power?