To decide between monitors for gaming

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
I am looking to buy between these 2 monitor I want to but VX229H and PA238Q. links are for as follows
http://www.asus.com/pk/Monitors_Projectors/PA238Q/overview/
and http://www.asus.com/pk/Monitors_Projectors/VX229H/overview/

The reason between these 2 are that I want near to crt monitor like graphics to see on them colour viewing angles and all good things. Now that I have adjusted to 16:9 ratio from 4:3( was very hard even now have problems with it) I wanted to see game clearly to be played with all colours it has.

I already have Samsung bx2250. So in comparison to this monitor these 2 and any other monitor asus offers in Pakistan's site which is best to visually I am content to game at 60hz.

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Thanks and will vx229h need some tuning from me or can I use it out of box? if tuning is needed can you direct how to tune it well? to use it for general purpose to game and watch videos and do my coding doing my ms (cs).

BigMuffinMan

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
For most people it will be fine out of the box, but if you want to tune it comes with some pretty basic stuff like color balance, brightness, contrast, etc. It doesn't have anything too advanced, though, it's just a regular monitor with some basic settings

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
it is still ah-ips panel type which have good image quality or not and good response time for gaming?? I read somewhere yesterday that it is not good image quality wise and response is slow, so I am confused about it now.

BigMuffinMan

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
It's got a 5ms response time, which is really unnoticeable on an IPS panel. I use a 5ms panel and I can't tell if there's any lag (although some snobs will say they can tell the difference between 5ms and 2ms, but no one really can tell the difference) That panel has really good image quality, although you're not gonna get CRT color reproduction. That asus is a well known monitor and it has been well received. The difference in IPS panels around 100-200 dollars is really negligible.

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Okay thanks you have been great help atleast I will get better image quality than tn and still get to play games :D:D
BTW how to select best answer?? can't find it anywhere, there used to be button somewhere before.

BigMuffinMan

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
I'm glad I could help! Good luck with your new monitor
And there should be a green button below the responses to pick the best answer. If not, it's no big deal

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
could you give me little more information about the monitor is it 6 bit colour panel or 8 bit colour panel? and is it flicker free too? And I am buying it late this month with my graphics card depending whether or not new NVidia series is all that or not? and when or if it launches this month?

Oh and I really can't find any kind buttons of any colour at end of comments only report abuse, bbcode and add remove quotes weird.