fooad333

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2013
hi, i have the following system

CPU : ryzen 1600x
MB : gigabyte b450m s2h
GPU : radeon r7 260x
HDD : segate 1TB green
SSD : 2.5 inch sandisk 128GB ( around 5-6 years old)
RAM : corsair 3000mhz 16CAS 8GB

i got some question regarding STOREMI:

1. will installing it cause fresh winodws reset? all files gone?

2. after installing i will have 128+1TB capacity in 1 drive?

3. if i use the 2GB DRAM cache option will this take 2 GB of my ram and leave with me with 6 instead of 8?

i am open for suggestion and wither to really install the STOREMI or not

thank you all

Solution
for now upgrading isnt in my budget ao would it be recommended to use STOREMI without dram cache till i can upgrade the ssd?
Budget or no budget, I still wouldn't.

The StoreMI is a cache. Whatever data (at the block level, not "files) you use the most ends up on the faster drive.
Something you have not used recently, or ever, is read off the HDD at regular HDD speed.
Additionally, it complicates system management immensely. If one of your drives dies or gets removed, the whole thing fails to work.

fooad333

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2013
  1. I don't believe so. But always have a full backup and fall back plan just in case
  2. Yes
  3. Yes.
Bottom line - I wouldn't bother with the StoreMi.
Get a better, bigger SSD to replace that 6 year old small Sandisk.

for now upgrading isnt in my budget ao would it be recommended to use STOREMI without dram cache till i can upgrade the ssd?

USAFRet

Titan
Budget or no budget, I still wouldn't.

The StoreMI is a cache. Whatever data (at the block level, not "files) you use the most ends up on the faster drive.
Something you have not used recently, or ever, is read off the HDD at regular HDD speed.
Additionally, it complicates system management immensely. If one of your drives dies or gets removed, the whole thing fails to work.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution