To have some advice regarding my rig

Karanguptaa467

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
Hi,
This is my first build.
So, I decided to have some advice from all of you.

This is my rig:
Intel core i5 4690k
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
WD 1 TB 7200 RPM
Corsair force ls 120 GB SSD
Kingston hyperx beast 8 GB stick 1866 MHz
MSI Geforce GTX 660 gaming 2GD5/OC
Cooler master K380
Cooler master 500 watt PSU

Please give me suggestions ASAP.

G

Yes that build is looking good to me. The GTX 660 is a great choice and has great price to performance ratio. That build should be able to run any game on at least medium settings.

Karanguptaa467

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
The only thing I want to do on this is gaming, and rest of the things come later like day to day tasks & some video converting. I want to make this rig future proof for approx. 2-3 years.

And, BTW is there any need to install water cooling to it? I already want to install more fans on it.

G

Well if you want to futureproof, then you should get a GTX 970. I know it is expensive at $350, but it is well worth it as it will not get outdated for several years. I am very sure that it can run pretty much any game. I would also upgrade to an i7 4790k. Just a suggestion.

However, this setup should last for probably last for 3 years before it will get outdated.

No need for water cooling unless you are doing an extreme overclock. If youre only doing a mild overclock, get a hyper 212 evo. But if you're not overclocking at all, stock cooler should be fine.

Karanguptaa467

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
First of all, Thanks for your suggestions.
But I am residing in India. components are very expensive there. and I am very tight on budget (40k-50k INR maximum). so I cannot afford that much pricey components. So, please suggest me those components which can fits in that budget.