To liquid cool or not???

bigpapa7272

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Working on a desktop build using an AMD A10 7860k with gigabyte Mini ITX MB. 16 GB ram with 480 GB ssd in a cooler master Elite 130 case with a 400 watt power supply. I will use use this for internet surfing, and for light business use no heavy duty gaming. Debating on a liquid-cooled option for the CPU like a Corsair h55 or h60 or should I just go with the stock cooler? Or is there an after-market air cooler that you would recommend.

Solution
That chip isn't partially really hot, I'd get a coolermaster hyper 212 or along them lines which could easily match the h60 in cooling performance and its way more reliable and you can overclock the chip on that cooler.

If you set on a water cooler, the 2 that you've mentioned, the h60 is the better cooler, better pump. But again you always have the extra fail point like the pump.
That chip isn't partially really hot, I'd get a coolermaster hyper 212 or along them lines which could easily match the h60 in cooling performance and its way more reliable and you can overclock the chip on that cooler.

If you set on a water cooler, the 2 that you've mentioned, the h60 is the better cooler, better pump. But again you always have the extra fail point like the pump.

Solution

CrisisRunner

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
You could also check to see if the LEPA Aquachanger might fit your board they .ake both 120mm and 240mm versions, i have the 120mm cooling my AMD FX 8370, i dont suppose it would be a bad investement i paid around $58 U.S got it and i never hit 63c i was around 70c before.