To many processes running?

cane1314

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
when i open my task manager i have 79 processes running and im not sure if thats to many or normal? I also dont know how to tel which ones are ok to stop or not? any help?

Solution
Run msconfig.

Under the Start Up tab, uncheck those programs that you know you don't need at boot up (leave all the ones with Microsoft in the name).

Do this slowly, and reboot each time to make sure you didn't need it. Some drivers load via programs, so be careful.

Thing I know you can turn off: Anything Abode, Office, or any other programs you installed. Manufactures all think that their software will be needed instantly and often, as is not the case.
Run msconfig.

Under the Start Up tab, uncheck those programs that you know you don't need at boot up (leave all the ones with Microsoft in the name).

Do this slowly, and reboot each time to make sure you didn't need it. Some drivers load via programs, so be careful.

Thing I know you can turn off: Anything Abode, Office, or any other programs you installed. Manufactures all think that their software will be needed instantly and often, as is not the case.

Solution