[SOLVED] To modem or router or both

Oct 4, 2021
I have some choices on how to setup my connection and I am wondering what would be the best option.
I like to plug my PC directly in my modem to avoid the double NAT, port forwarding and more resets.
All my other devices are on my router, consoles, cellphone, Tablet and chromecast.
My pc and router are in my bedroom and both have a long 75 feets ethernet cables going to the modem farther in the house.

My choices, i know of would be to stay like that
or
Plug my PC in the router and deal with inconveniences
or
Plug the pc in both modem and router, (I have a modem card) and setup a bridge connection to the router?

The question, is the double 75 feets cables through the modem a significant speed lost to my other devices and is a bridge connection as stated would work?

Solution
I have some choices on how to setup my connection and I am wondering what would be the best option.
I like to plug my PC directly in my modem to avoid the double NAT, port forwarding and more resets.
All my other devices are on my router, consoles, cellphone, Tablet and chromecast.
My pc and router are in my bedroom and both have a long 75 feets ethernet cables going to the modem farther in the house.

or
or
Plug the pc in both modem and router, (I have a modem card) and setup a bridge connection to the router?

The question, is the double 75 feets cables through the modem a significant speed lost to my other devices and is a...

kanewolf

Titan

or
or

The question, is the double 75 feets cables through the modem a significant speed lost to my other devices and is a bridge connection as stated would work?
Change your bedroom "router" into an access point. You have a single flat network.

Reactions: Xigmundus
Solution
Oct 4, 2021
Thx, I connected my pc to the router, i finally found the AP mode option, It seem to has disable some unwanted feature and let the connection and wifi through, seems good!