[SOLVED] To pick the right motherboard

Jul 6, 2020
I've choosed Ryzen 3 3200g processor and ASrock B450 pro4 (ATx) https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450 pro4/index.asp

But it is "ryzen 2000 ready processor" shall I update the BIOS with flash drive to make use of my Ryzen 3 3200g processor?

Or its really complicate to update BIOS?

Or give me some cheap & best boards with the following specs...

3 output for monitor.
4 Ram slots
1 PCIe slot for graphic card
1 NVME slot
1 type C port
1 Type A port (optional)*

Kindly gimme a solution ASAP.

Solution
Any of the MSI B450 MAX,(must say MAX) boards will support your cpu straight from the box and most have the specs you require.

kanewolf

Titan
I've choosed Ryzen 3 3200g processor and ASrock B450 pro4 (ATx) https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450 pro4/index.asp

But it is "ryzen 2000 ready processor" shall I update the BIOS with flash drive to make use of my Ryzen 3 3200g processor?

Or its really complicate to update BIOS?

Or give me some cheap & best boards with the following specs...

3 output for monitor.
4 Ram slots
1 PCIe slot for graphic card
1 NVME slot
1 type C port
1 Type A port (optional)*

Kindly gimme a solution ASAP.
Now that the B550 motherboards are available, they are guaranteed to be 3xxx series compatible. Also the 450MAX series are 3xxx guaranteed. A plain B450 will probably have a compatible BIOS. Looking at the support page for that motherboard, the CPU support list is broken :( BUT, if you pick a different Asrock B450 like the B450M Pro4, you can get a CPU list -- https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#CPU The 3200G requires a BIOS version of 3.30 for the B450M motherboard. That BIOS has the same description as the 3.20 BIOS for the B450 Pro4. That BIOS was released over a year ago. So, it is most likely that your motherboard WILL have a compatible BIOS. It is not guaranteed.
What if you don't have a compatible BIOS? You need a compatible CPU to update unfortunately. You might have to find a friend with a compatible CPU or take the motherboard to a shop to have it flashed.
So, you can either pick a B550 or B450MAX for guaranteed compatibility or take a small risk with the B450 Pro4.

Jul 6, 2020
Now that the B550 motherboards are available, they are guaranteed to be 3xxx series compatible. Also the 450MAX series are 3xxx guaranteed. A plain B450 will probably have a compatible BIOS. Looking at the support page for that motherboard, the CPU support list is broken :( BUT, if you pick a different Asrock B450 like the B450M Pro4, you can get a CPU list -- https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#CPU The 3200G requires a BIOS version of 3.30 for the B450M motherboard. That BIOS has the same description as the 3.20 BIOS for the B450 Pro4. That BIOS was released over a year ago. So, it is most likely that your motherboard WILL have a compatible BIOS. It is not guaranteed.
What if you don't have a compatible BIOS? You need a compatible CPU to update unfortunately. You might have to find a friend with a compatible CPU or take the motherboard to a shop to have it flashed.
So, you can either pick a B550 or B450MAX for guaranteed compatibility or take a small risk with the B450 Pro4.
Thank u
Whether it needs a compatible processor to update the asrock B450 pro 4 MOBO / any other USB flashing for BIOS update?

So the ryzen 3 3200g works on a b550 motherboard,i didnt think it did? (or the 3400g).

Reactions: PriyanAT
Jul 6, 2020
Hi,
I'm building a PC. So i picked AMD ryzen 3 3200g processor.
And I need need a right motherboard for my processor , that labeled as "AMD Ryzen 3000 desktop ready". With following specs. in it.

Motherboard specs:
• 4 RAM slots
• 3 outputs or in a tough scenario 2 o/p are k.
• type C & type A
• Atleast 1 M.2 Nvme slot
• 1 (or)2 graphic card slot

Kindly give me a solution ASAP

Hi,
I'm building a PC. So i picked AMD ryzen 3 3200g processor.
And I need need a right motherboard for my processor , that labeled as "AMD Ryzen 3000 desktop ready". With following specs. in it.

Motherboard specs:
• 4 RAM slots
• 3 outputs or in a tough scenario 2 o/p are k.
• type C & type A

Kindly give me a solution ASAP
Do you have an approximate budget? There are many boards that will satisfy the conditions you've set, deciding a budget can help narrow the choices. The ASRock B450 Pro4 seems to satisfy all your conditions, but you'll have to make sure it comes with the Ryzen 3000 ready sticker for your CPU - at this point all of them should have this sticker, but sometimes it might be from an older stock so it's better to make sure.

The B450 Pro4 has 4 RAM slots, it has HDMI, VGA and Displayport output, both forms of USB on the back, two M.2 slots, and two PCI-e x16 slots. Like I said, there are many boards that will meet your needs, this is just one of them.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Jul 6, 2020
Do you have an approximate budget? There are many boards that will satisfy the conditions you've set, deciding a budget can help narrow the choices. The ASRock B450 Pro4 seems to satisfy all your conditions, but you'll have to make sure it comes with the Ryzen 3000 ready sticker for your CPU - at this point all of them should have this sticker, but sometimes it might be from an older stock so it's better to make sure.

The B450 Pro4 has 4 RAM slots, it has HDMI, VGA and Displayport output, both forms of USB on the back, two M.2 slots, and two PCI-e x16 slots. Like I said, there are many boards that will meet your needs, this is just one of them.
Thank u
I'm from india. Kindly refer this amazon link for better price clarity.
https://www.amazon.in/ref=nav_logo
My budget for MOBO is under 8000/9000 INR.
And I've checked already the ASRock B450 Pro4, It's the only best board that has all of my specs...but god damn it won't labeled as AMD 3000 ready. That's y I dropped it.
SO kindly gimme some more MOBOs

Jul 6, 2020
Any of the MSI B450 MAX, (must say MAX) boards are Ryzen 3000 ready straight from the box. The X570 boards are also but they are more expensive and the B550 boards will not be compatible with your processer.
but in MSI b450 MAX only 2 boards have type C but its expensive more than 13000 INR

but in MSI b450 MAX only 2 boards have type C but its expensive more than 13000 INR
Your only feasible option is B450 motherboards, and unfortunately MSI's MAX series is the only one that guarantees Ryzen 3000 series compatibility - for the rest you'll just have to check the sticker is present or not. The ASRock B450 Pro4 is your best bet since it's a fairly popular board so stock is probably renewed often, which increases your chances of getting one with an updated BIOS.

Jul 6, 2020
AMD ryzen 3000 ready motherboards for ryzen 3200g processor:

Motherboard specs:
• 4 RAM slots
• 3 outputs or in a tough scenario 2 o/p is ok.

kindly give me a solution ASAP.
I'm wanna order it about 2 hrs. in discount.

TRENDING THREADS