Question To run the latest triple A games with high settings and at 4K with decent FPS, what other GPU will I need alongside my current GPU, a gtx 1060 3gb?

Jan 21, 2018
I'm trying to move into the 4K gaming scene, but am not sure if my current GPU will be good enough to run the latest triple A games at high settings with 4K and good fps. I currently have a GTX 1060 3GB and I wanted to know if that was good enough for this or, if not, what other GPU should I get to go alongside my current GPU. I have a quad core Intel i5 @ 2.7Ghz CPU which isn't that good and 8GB RAM. Will I also need to get a better CPU? Thanks.

You need to buy a SINGLE powerful GPU for 4K. Gtx 1060 is too weak for that. And, there is no point in going for an SLI setup these days. Also, you cannot pair 2 different GPU Models.

You can use the other card for some other purpose, but for Gaming only 1 card will work.

Reactions: AngelTech

digitalgriffin

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
I'm trying to move into the 4K gaming scene, but am not sure if my current GPU will be good enough to run the latest triple A games at high settings with 4K and good fps. I currently have a GTX 1060 3GB and I wanted to know if that was good enough for this or, if not, what other GPU should I get to go alongside my current GPU. I have a quad core Intel i5 @ 2.7Ghz CPU which isn't that good and 8GB RAM. Will I also need to get a better CPU? Thanks.
I wouldn't go less than 4 cores/8 threads or 6 dedicated cores.

You'll need at least a 2080 Super. But I would recommend a 2080ti because I've seen games exceed 8 gigs memory @ 4K

What you have now if really limited to 1080p. 4K is 4x's as taxing as 1080p.

Reactions: schmitz
Jan 21, 2018
I wouldn't go less than 4 cores/8 threads or 6 dedicated cores.

You'll need at least a 2080 Super. But I would recommend a 2080ti because I've seen games exceed 8 gigs memory @ 4K

What you have now if really limited to 1080p. 4K is 4x's as taxing as 1080p.
ok thanks for your help everyone. Ive seen YouTube benchmark videos with people using a gtx 1060 3gb with high settings on triple a games and getting like 40fps and its fine but thanks anyway I'll have a look

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS