To Tom's Hardware

G

I wonder what your reasoning was for hosting this forum on your own server...

Did you encountered some drawback to using delphi to host it?

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
All explained in Tom's article:
<b><A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/blurb/00q4/001111/index.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/blurb/00q4/001111/index.html</A></b>

Fredi
Tom's Hardware Guide

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Countless :)

Hehe I am in the lucky position that I can set my usertitle to whatever I want :)

Fredi
Tom's Hardware Guide

G

why would you want it changed ?? your descryption that is

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!

G

How many posts do you need to make to reach the different stages? If you don't post for a long time does your status decline? Is there a page that explains any of this anywhere?

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
0-24 Stranger
25-49 newbie
50-99 Journeyman
100+ Member

That's as far as I got...
I think it goes on like

100-199 Member
200-399 Enthusiast
400+ Addict

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a page on exactly how it works
(nor why I'm the only one apparently without an "edit" button for my own posts...:)

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
which is funny because 'member' to me sounds higher than 'enthusiast' (enthusiast as somebody who does something for a hobby, member as someone who is more dedicated...)

just my view...

G

Thanks for the reply
I feel sorry for you, I have an edit button,
i heard that tools don't get them
just kidding
[smilie]

G

Maybe its like anybody can buy there way into something (like get a membership to a club), but only an enthusiast takes full advantage of that membership

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have over 300+ post and probably will hit 400 soon.
I do spend a lot of time on this forum, mainly when I'm at work. I have a lot of down time at work. I do biochemical-medical research and I have a lot of time to kill while my experiments are running. So yes, I am getting paid while posting on this forum. :)
I do like this forum, I have learned a lot which has kept my time fighting with the computer down to a minimum. And with the exception of FUGGER, there are nice people here who don't seem to do too much flaming like some other forums.

berkeljm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
FRUGGER? Haven't encounter him/her yet. Flaming others for lack of knowledge only shows your own. There are no stupid questions.......it's only stupid if you don't ask. Biochemical-medical research? I am a network administrator for a pharmaceutical company. Heard of celexa?

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think you misunderstood, I was not flaming him, I was referencing his most recent post in the CPU section of this forum entitled "Grizley1". It is the only flame I have seen on this forum so far and it was meant to be an example, not an insult. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No I have never heard of celexa. I work with prostate and breast cancer and we only use 2 or 3 specific drugs for testing, one of which we designed ourselves.

berkeljm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Let's see if we can end the misunderstanding..............I didn't mean you were flaming people. I was refering to him also. I was agreeing with you.

G

I don't know whether you would have any idea about this or not, but do you know who controls the old THF now Extreme Computing on Delphi?

G

hrmmm no idea (hey if you guys can post lil messages making sure you dont have missunderstandings [and get the counter moving] i can post and say i dont know :pP)

:)

TRENDING THREADS