to vista or not to vista thats the question

the_irish_fly

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
i got my vista upgrade my cpu specs you can see 8O .
is it worth it,it also says that i have to compatabilty issues #1 windows mess 5.0 which i dont use#2 my nvidia drivers whitch are up to date and i have the new 8800gts.
WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK, SHOULD I TRY {WHY OR WHY NOT!}
PLUS IM A GAMER BY HEART :p :p :p :p :p

Solution
Here's the thing you have to consider w/ your setup: yes, Vista is slower, but by how much? Depends on the game of course, but I haven't seen it slower by any more than 20% in a single game. So the question is what are the FPS you're getting now? Are they over 100? If so, then Vista is only going to be 20FPS slower which puts you at 80fps, well above the threshold of the human eye.

My point is this: yes Vista is slower, but when you've got a 8800GTS it doesn't matter because your games are blazing fast anyways.

I've got a 8800GTX and Vista... I have not seen ANY performance degregation in ANY of my games compared to XP.

The real question you should be asking is in regards to driver support. Do ALL your devices have Vista...

mpjesse

Splendid
Here's the thing you have to consider w/ your setup: yes, Vista is slower, but by how much? Depends on the game of course, but I haven't seen it slower by any more than 20% in a single game. So the question is what are the FPS you're getting now? Are they over 100? If so, then Vista is only going to be 20FPS slower which puts you at 80fps, well above the threshold of the human eye.

My point is this: yes Vista is slower, but when you've got a 8800GTS it doesn't matter because your games are blazing fast anyways.

I've got a 8800GTX and Vista... I have not seen ANY performance degregation in ANY of my games compared to XP.

The real question you should be asking is in regards to driver support. Do ALL your devices have Vista drivers? If so, I recommend upgrading. Vista is better.

Solution