[SOLVED] to what does this fan connect to?

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
i want to get the nzxt h510i case and it has 2 120mm fans pre installed but i want to replace those two by rgb fans (corsair ll120 rgb)

but my question is which connections do these have? just system fan? or do i have to connect them to something else too because they have rgb in them?

i'm going to use the msi b450m pro-m2 mobo and it has 1 cpu fan and 1 system fan so i wanted to use a pwm splitter for system fan

also i'm going to be using the wraith prism air cooler for cpu cooling and that one has rgb in it too, does that just connect to cpu fan or does it need to go in a rgb header?

also what are rgb headers called because on the mobo i have it only has one header called led something, is that it?

and if i need to connect all fans that have rgb in them and i only have 1 led port on the mobo is it possible to use splitters for those too?

i'm sorry for so many questions, i just want to be prepared for when i'm building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solution
I have the same fans,you just need a fan header the RGB does not have an extra cable. Plug and light and play !!! It has a 4 piont header on it so if you run it off a 3 pin or 2 pin molex for example it will run at full speed so with a splitter cable from the MoBo you will be able to control the fan speed.

I had a Wraith myself but not sure if it has an extra RGB cable or not....

just dug my old wraith and it also has no special RGB cable just the 1 fan cable that is also for the RGB.
Cheers.
I have the same fans,you just need a fan header the RGB does not have an extra cable. Plug and light and play !!! It has a 4 piont header on it so if you run it off a 3 pin or 2 pin molex for example it will run at full speed so with a splitter cable from the MoBo you will be able to control the fan speed.

I had a Wraith myself but not sure if it has an extra RGB cable or not....

just dug my old wraith and it also has no special RGB cable just the 1 fan cable that is also for the RGB.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: emilymurad74
Solution