[SOLVED] To what Nvidia graphics card should I upgrade to ?

Dec 25, 2019
Hello everybody,I am new here as you can probably already tell.
I've been recently thinking of upgrading my graphics card,seeing as I'm not really that good with computer parts I've decided to come here to get some recommendations.
I'm on the low budget side.My pc literally only cost me 200 euros and these are my specs :
Intel Core i5-3470 CPU 3.20ghz
NVIDIA QUADRO 2000
8gb of RAM
Windows 10 pro
As you can see my gpu is a cr*p, not the greatest for gaming nor for editing.
I'm not trynna turn my pc to a beastly computer,but I feel like the gpu is the only part that's holding my pc back from being decent.
Can you guys give me some gpu recommendations that would work well with this pc ? nothing too expensive.

As for the PSU,I don't really know but I think after researching a bit I found this info "Max. output of single power supply 280 W"

Mod Edit for Language

Last edited:
Solution
Replacing the PSU for something decent is going to be like 2/3rd's your budget, I'd take the GT 1030 2gb if the stock unit is enough for the system & gaming loads (hard to tell with 280W output). At least going this route will be a big upgrade over the Quadro 2000 and wouldn't require to have to wait and save up more.
Dec 25, 2019
With those parts you're better off building an entire new PC.

What's your budget? What's your monitor resolution? What do you want to

Oh does the monitor resolution matter ? it's 1440x900 so yeah it's a pretty poor monitor but it does the job.
My budget is under 100 euros,I'd rather it be as cheap as possible.
As for what I'm trying to do with my pc,I just wanna upgrade it a bit so I can play more games.
Like for example,I can run games like cs go and gta 5 fine so I'm content with that but there are also some games a little more demanding and it's always the gpu that lacks behind.

Mod Edit for Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2019
To get a substantially better GPU you more then likely will need to replace the PSU but as-is you might be able to get away with a GT 1030 2gb. At 1440x900 the GT 1030 should be able to handle those games fine.
Thank you for the genuine answer.
Is changing the PSU too much of a hassle and expensive ? if it's not too much expensive I could try and change it but I wanna know from you if it's worth it.

WildCard999

Titan
Replacing the PSU for something decent is going to be like 2/3rd's your budget, I'd take the GT 1030 2gb if the stock unit is enough for the system & gaming loads (hard to tell with 280W output). At least going this route will be a big upgrade over the Quadro 2000 and wouldn't require to have to wait and save up more.

Solution
Dec 25, 2019
yo sorry for the late reply
I just have one final question,is the GT 1030 2gb at least decent when it comes to video editing ? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS