Question Today I installed a new gpu, and my pc only sees 8gb ram instead of 16gb

papgergo16

Commendable
Aug 27, 2018
Today I installed a gtx 1650 super, and I tried to run on some games, and I checked the task manager and it said 8gb was reserved for the hardware.

It had no problem the day before.

I also checked the bios, switched the 2 sticks, but still the same.

papgergo16

Commendable
Aug 27, 2018
Are they in the correct slots ? should be a gap between them.

Try each Ram stick seperatly to see if they both are working?
I think I got it working. In the morning I switched the places from 2-4 to 1-3, and it instantly recognized, and used all 16gb, so thank you.

I have something else, and it's kind of unrelated, but when I'm gaming, I can hear a fan speeding up for a sec, and then going back to normal. My gpu and cpu temp is around 60. Sometimes it scares me.

My specs:
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 42 °C
RAM
16.0GB
Motherboard
Gigabyte B450M DS3H-CF 38 °C
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 48 °C
Psu is 600W

wi5pa

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Sounds normal, could be the GPU fan or the CPU,
The temperatures are regulated by sensors around and in the Motherboard / CPU / GPU so the fans are just reacting to a small temp change.
Your temperatures look normal.
You can look at HWMonitor (just download and run it) to see what is going on with all your fans/loads/temps/voltages.

Nov 30, 2020
Today I installed a gtx 1650 super, and I tried to run on some games, and I checked the task manager and it said 8gb was reserved for the hardware.

It had no problem the day before.

I also checked the bios, switched the 2 sticks, but still the same.
What processor are you using? Some processors only support 2 lanes, Not 4. Bigger is not always better.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS