Today is Holiday for SprintPCS, but not for you.

Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.

However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.

At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:

1-888-788-4727

"R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:
> Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.

Moron.

July 4th falls on a weekend this year.

> However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>
> At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>
> 1-888-788-4727

How about retail Customer Service? Did you try 888-211-4727? It makes
more sense for Business customer service to be closed. I'd expect retail
CS to be open. Many large organizations that would normally speak to the
business CSRs are closed today.

I'm not holding for a rep since I don't need to speak to one, but pressing
2, entering my phone number, and pressing 0 for a CSR places me in queue
for a CSR. I assume that if 211-4PCS was not available, I'd get a message
saying they're closed.

In article <Mq2dnTrC_Lt4EXTdRVn-vg@lmi.net>, Steven J
Sobolsjsobol@JustThe.net says...
> "R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:
> > Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> > anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>
> Moron.
>
> July 4th falls on a weekend this year.

Uh oh, Steve. Now you're in trouble. Daring to question
THE WORD ACCORDING TO PHILLIE.

--
-+-
RØß

Mike

Splendid

Røbert M. wrote:
> Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>
> However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>
> At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>
> 1-888-788-4727
Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
-mike

In article <f2hGc.2752$sD4.820
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Mikespamtrap@zbuffer.com says...
> Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
> guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
> to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
> -mike

The 4th was a Sunday.

Weekend minutes.

--
-+-
RØß

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:07:36 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
wrote:

>Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
>anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>
>However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>
>At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>
>1-888-788-4727

Yea, yea, you yell this every time there's a business day federal
holiday. Can you just get it out of the way for the next holiday,
Labor Day (in Sep) and get it over with for the summer?

Oh, and incidentally, this is a FEDERAL holiday and not all that many
businesses recognize it. I just went out shopping and everywhere I
went, and every business I glanced at along the way, were open. Not
much of a holiday for them.

I think the name of the minutes you are talking about tell you what to
expect: NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. Let's see, this is Monday - not a NIGHT
and not on a WEEKEND.

Moron.

In article <0jqje0te48sac2gel9ej0rhnik1ti44gei@4ax.com>,
NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:07:36 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
> wrote:
>
> >Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> >anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
> >
> >However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
> >
> >At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
> >
> >1-888-788-4727

> Oh, and incidentally, this is a FEDERAL holiday and not all that many
> businesses recognize it. I just went out shopping and everywhere I
> went, and every business I glanced at along the way, were open. Not
> much of a holiday for them.

I hope you didnt need to call *2 or a Sprint 800 number, cause they WERE
CLOSED Monday. July 5 was a Holiday for SprintPCS.

Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Røbert M. wrote:
> > Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> > anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
> >
> > However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
> >
> > At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
> >
> > 1-888-788-4727
> Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
> guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
> to the dedicated efforts of people like you.

Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.

Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.

There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
Service was closed.

Mike

Splendid

Røbert M. wrote:

>>Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
>>guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
>>to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
>

> Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.
>
> Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.
>
> There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
> Service was closed.

You seem cross - I'm not sure I understand. What did I say (or imply)
about minute usage on the 5th?
-mike

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> In article <0jqje0te48sac2gel9ej0rhnik1ti44gei@4ax.com>,
> NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:07:36 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
> > >anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
> > >
> > >However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
> > >
> > >At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
> > >
> > >1-888-788-4727

> > Oh, and incidentally, this is a FEDERAL holiday and not all that many
> > businesses recognize it. I just went out shopping and everywhere I
> > went, and every business I glanced at along the way, were open. Not
> > much of a holiday for them.
>
> I hope you didnt need to call *2 or a Sprint 800 number, cause they WERE
> CLOSED Monday. July 5 was a Holiday for SprintPCS.

OK- they were closed. Maybe you could shed some light on something- what
perks, discounts, billing adjustments or credits does your employer give its
customers on the days it declares a holiday? If the answer is none, then
they are less customer-friendly than Sprint.

And as much as you scream for government regulation in this forum, it made
me think- I didn't get any kind of special 'holiday rate' on my electricity,
water, trash pickup, cable, internet access or landline yesterday. Care to
explain the difference?

In article <M3AGc.3764$sD4.2581@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Røbert M. wrote:
>
> >>Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
> >>guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
> >>to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
> >

> > Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.
> >
> > Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.
> >
> > There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
> > Service was closed.
>
> You seem cross - I'm not sure I understand. What did I say (or imply)
> about minute usage on the 5th?

I wrote about July 5, where Sprint closed up Customer Service.

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:28:49 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
wrote:

>In article <f2hGc.2752$sD4.820@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>
>> Røbert M. wrote:
>> > Unlike other carriers, July 4 (and this year July 5) comes out of your
>> > anytime minutes, and not Nights and Weekends.
>> >
>> > However SprintPCS Customer Service is closed today.
>> >
>> > At least thats what the automated Voice said at the Business # of:
>> >
>> > 1-888-788-4727
>> Funny, my calls on the 4th did not come out of my anytime minutes. I
>> guess Sprint has finally decided to add holiday minutes, probably thanks
>> to the dedicated efforts of people like you.
>
>Duh, read the post. July 4 (and this year July 5) is what was said.
>
>Whats so complicated about "this year July 5" that you didn't understand.
>
>There were no Holiday minutes on July 5, but all of SprintPCS Customer
>Service was closed.

Hey - the minutes you are talking about are NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
minutes. Where does it indicate HOLIDAYS in that?

Moron.

In article <mpfme0d8k43m5e6f576m12o4o7fc6c9brs@4ax.com>,
NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

> Hey - the minutes you are talking about are NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
> minutes. Where does it indicate HOLIDAYS in that?

Bingo, thats the point. Other carrier's take Holidays, and treat them as
nights and weekends.

SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

> Bingo, thats the point. Other carrier's take Holidays, and treat them as
> nights and weekends.

And others don't- Sprint was not the only one.

> SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
> Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
> other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

And others didn't.

What discount did your employer give its customers over the holiday?

"R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

> SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
> Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
> other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

July 5th isn't a holiday. I just had this EXACT same discussion in the
Verizon newsgroup where it was argued that it is an OBSERVED holiday. I'd
say yes, it is, if it's observed every year. (Which obviously it isn't. :)

Martin Luther King's birthday and President's Day are two examples of observed
holidays that are actually observed consistently every year. July 5th is not.

In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:

> drivel - with bad language added.

And what alias did you previously use?

> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:
>
> > drivel - with bad language added.
>
> And what alias did you previously use?

You accuse someone else of providing drivel? In this group? You are the
undisputed drivel champion in this forum.

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:
>
> > drivel - with bad language added.
>
> And what alias did you previously use?

Who cares? At least he speaks the truth, unlike someone else who has used
113 known different IDs here ...

Bob

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:32:44 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
wrote:

>In article <mpfme0d8k43m5e6f576m12o4o7fc6c9brs@4ax.com>,
> NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey - the minutes you are talking about are NIGHTS and WEEKENDS
>> minutes. Where does it indicate HOLIDAYS in that?
>
>Bingo, thats the point. Other carrier's take Holidays, and treat them as
>nights and weekends.
>
>SprintPCS takes Holidays, closes shop (Customer Service was closed
>Monday July 5), but treats all daytime minutes as Prime Time, where
>other carriers would treat it as a Holiday for customers AND employees.

Oh, but SPCS has NEVER indicated they offer time used on HOLIDAYS on
their Nights and Weekends time pool. Get over it already.

I'd call you a moron again, but now I see that by doing it I would
actually being insulting morons.

BlackHeart

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

Røbert M. said:

> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:

>>drivel - with bad language added.

> And what alias did you previously use?

Kiss my ass and blow in the hole.
how many are YOU up to now. 150?

BlackHeart

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

Røbert (POS) M. said:

> In article <2l0uocF77l0eU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:
>

>>drivel - with bad language added.
>

> And what alias did you previously use?

Kiss my ass and blow in the hole.

How many are YOU up to now? 150?

More?

In article <ki1pe0hle8hsoiaklboh8d8b0h994so0fq@4ax.com>,
NobodyMan <none@none.net> wrote:

> Oh, but SPCS has NEVER indicated they offer time used on HOLIDAYS on
> their Nights and Weekends time pool. Get over it already.

I never said they did, but several other carriers do.

In article <2l4284F8bafrU1@uni-berlin.de>,
Blackheart <Blackheart@Darkwing.com> wrote:

- Trolling for responses with bad language, but SprintPCS is still in
the minority by not providing Holidays as Night and weekend minutes.

Your bad language still leaves SprintPCS as the customer unfriendly
outfit that surveys always rate as worst in Customer Service.