Toilet paper leving behind smuges on my case.

Feb 18, 2018
I'm using toilet paper to clean some smuges on my pc, but it seams that the toilet paper is leaving some behind as well. When I use it on some of the metal surfeces on my phanteks enthoo evolve it's leaving behind some weak smudge like marks. The toilet paper is clean and dry. Can someone help me?

Solution
Those lotion embedded TPs are rubbish; if your bum is that sore, put a small blob of Aloe Vera gel on your normal TP.

(I suffer due to complications from my various Auto immune issues).

GR1M_ZA

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

Don't wipe bum 1st with toilet paper , will just be messy. :pt1cable::lol:

Just kidding. I use microfiber cloths on my pc and they have been working well.

Feb 18, 2018

Just didn't have any on hand. But do you think it's possible that toilet paper can leave something like that behind on certain types of metal.

USAFRet

Titan
Feb 18, 2018

USAFRet

Titan

It was just a thought.
You're the only one who knows what you are using. And what else you're using to clean it with.

Trot on down to the store and buy the proper materials to clean it.
Your case and your butt should not be cleaned wit the same things.

Feb 18, 2018

But if it is only on the case do you think it could hurt any components?

GR1M_ZA

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

Hi, sorry for the late reply. yes it is. Toilet paper is not really mean to clean surfaces. It will work in a pinch but it wont do a fantastic job as you experienced yourself already.

Feb 18, 2018

Thanks. I will remember that for the next time.

GR1M_ZA

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

:D

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
The TP is probably smearing some oily residue that was sitting in microscopic droplets on the case; the Phantecs case would hide the droplets due to the slightly rough surface finish (I have one).

As above, a microfibre cloth, slightly damp; will wipe off almost anything you are likely to find on your case, and not damage the surface.

Feb 18, 2018

Ok. But where I notice it is on the back of the case