Told i have a CPU bottleneck but its not maxed out.

Zytex_

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
I don't know of i look stupid but i want to ask how i can fix this.
On all games i get 70 % usage on my cpu and 100 on the gpu.
No high temps both stay at around 55-60 c.
CPU: i3 4170
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 8GB (1x8) DDR3
Thanks for the answers already.

Zytex_

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Most games.But currently Vermintide 2.I know its kinda CPU intensive i think because of the number of enemies.So is my gpu a bottleneck ? Because i do think the i3 4170 is worse or the same as the G4560.

It also depends on monitor frequency and vsync, with vsync off or a high frequency screen the gpu will have to work harder.

Zytex_

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Normal 1080p 60 hz monitor. Vsync off.

Vsync off explains the gpu usage as it'll just run as fast as it possibly can.

Sorry i forgot little things sometimes...
I can say that G4560 is same as i3-4170.
8GB is decent for any game on medium or high Details, yet it doesnt let you to run too many background apps.

Zytex_

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Legit dont have anything else other than steam open.No weird services/task manager processes.And i dont have gforce experience either since i heard its not that good.

Yet it depends in scenario how the game is ulitlizing CPU and GPU, like lets take for example some simlation game, it calcualtes what is where moving and that stuff and uses more CPU because GPU (or graphicly) isnt demanding game.
i3 is good CPU because it has good single core perfomance.

If your CPU is 100% and GPU 60% in game that uses both CPU and GPU , for example ASCO your CPU is bottleneck but it will still run 60FPS soo there is no problem in that, but if it ran 30-40 and if you swapped for better CPU it will gain more FPS (this is my way how i see bottleneck).

Third part that can cause low FPS is HDD fragmentation (and that includes missing textures), which is when you delete, copy and move stuff across HDD and its not optimized (as it has inner and outer circle , inner faster read outer slower as the head has to move).

In short it depends how you set up game (vsync and other things, like details and MSAA and FX) and how it ulitlizes the cores of the CPU and GPU.

Sorry if im wrong.

Zytex_

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

A lot of people did.So i guess i should accept that my gpu is a bottleneck or i should get 8 more gb of ram to have 16 (2x8)?

There will always be a bottleneck, this is a simple fact. If you got a 1070 on that monitor then the monitor would be the bottleneck.

The question is are you getting the framerates you desire? You will hit problems with some games with that CPU, especially as you can't just turn down some graphical settings. But in the example at the start that is a GPU issue.

Zytex_

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016

Well i reinstalled windows 10.Im going to download vermintide 2 again and check the usage on both just to see.Im gonna update.

TRENDING THREADS