Tom’s Hardware’s (Impractical) 2014 Holiday Gift Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateDeep

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
The steam Machines, depending on their config and how much you're gonna use it, aren't really that impractical, same goes with the displays and the Note 4, depending on how frequent you use them for.

Just sayin'. But these are great to gift for Christmas nonetheless!

bobsmith2

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
Umm, Asus does have a maxwell based laptop out. I know because I ordered one for my wife for Christmas. When was this written because I ordered it two weeks ago and it's already at our house waiting to be opened on Christmas morning.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Hard to believe you would put the SBX up there as a recommended machine.
The specs on it suck big time and offer less graphics power than a XBox One.
For the same $699 price the Alienware is a no brainer.

gbair

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011

That part was about the Charger, no mistake there.

tylanner

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
I have way to many of these already and am looking at a few more on the list coincidentally....I like your editors flavor....Perhaps you DO have something that could benefit Anandtech after all:)

Masterpiece is a good way to describe the Leap Chair....it has the quality of a massively corporate chair but the styling and adjustability to please those looking for added utility and aesthetics.

The NOTE 4 is pretty much the pinnacle of "just because" impracticality. It pushes the limits of pants pockets and hand sizes while sporting an insane PPI, precise stylus and then the gear VR to watch films in your personal virtual movie theater...

cmi86

Distinguished
Whoops my bad, they do have a hellcat charger now too. Still rather have the challenger version though. So much more accurate nostalgia, the charger was not a 4door lol. Krav Maga could be fun too.

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Some gifts are cool like Asus ROG laptop. I will buy one for myself once New Year hols through. Having said, you should've added this workstation card too:

AMD FirePro W9100 16GB -- outperforms K6000 on many parameters (use both products).

My all-time favorite from the recent times? If Porsche decides to manufacture more, I'd love to gift a Red/Black colored Porsche 911 GT2 RS to my future better-half and soul mate. I don't mind spending $200,000 on her.

I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

f-14

Distinguished
hahahaha i had no idea the quad copter was so expensive, i just happened to see this this morning:

r/c dji Quad-Copter REWARD!! (Dows, Iowa)
http://masoncity.craigslist.org/wan/4759673855.html
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

LOST!!!!! NICE REWARD IF FOUND!!!

Please contact me if u find my dji phantom 2 vision Quad-Copter. It is like a helicopter but has 4 motors. There is a nice reward of u find it. I lost it in Dows, Iowa.

Please call me ASAP to claim your reward.
515-5zero5-4two69
Thanks,
Luke

lorfa
Quad copter, I thought they all went after Craig's mom's bush. [quote/]

is Dows Iowa where craigs mom is at? i had NO I D E AAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.