Tom! did he predicted the future?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Why do you dislike nvidia? Because they charge out the sphincter/orifice, Or because they rule the vid card section nowadays?

I've messed around with my share of vid cards, and the GTS does ok by me......

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Who sells the most graphic chips/cards today? Does anybody know? Still believe ATI holds that flag for now. Plus the Kyro2 is going to serverely impact nVidias bread and butter, the MX versions.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 04/19/01 03:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

mpjesse

Splendid
I think a lot of people knew back then that 3dfx was in some trouble- I did. 3dfx made the mistake of developing AWESOME results from just one technology- FSAA. No one really cared about FSAA at the time and people still don't really care. As resolutions get higher and higher, FSAA will be a thing of the past.

Also, the Voodoo3 was nothing more than a faster clocked Voodoo2 on a card (not using a 3d add-on card). It didn't even support 32bit color. HUGE MISTAKE.

3dfx dug their own grave. Yes, they did bring about the 3d gaming revolution in PC's, but they still screwed up in the end.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

fulgore_123

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
well, although voodoo 3 doesn't have 32 bit color, I belive that it some how works out to about 22 bit color, therefore, the quality is significantly better than any card running at 16 bit color. I say this from first hand experience. I have a voodoo 3 and it plays all the games that I have nicely (except giants: citizen kabuto). I'm happy with it's performance, especially in UT and quake 3. I'm not saying that geforce's x aren't good, but rather that voodoo 3, is very good for it's age.
:cool: Just my opinion :cool:

:cool: Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get

G

I agree mpjesse. A lot of us did know way back that 3dfx was gonna bomb out. And yes, they definitely dug their own grave, not only on the technology side but also with their vender relationships.

By the way, ejsmith2, I don't know if you were reflecting your own opinion or your perceived opinion of rcf84, but in my opinion NVIDIA definitely does NOT charge out the sphincter. If you want to argue that it does I suggest you access <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"> this</A> thread. :cool:

Cheers,
Warden

===========
The sum of the IQs on this planet is a constant--only the population is increasing...

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
My predictions came true about Intel stock... maybe i should be a stockbroker.

From now on when someone asks you how fast your computer is, tell them your benchmark scores.