Question Tomahawk b450 issues

Dec 28, 2020
So I have a few problems, I got a b450 tomahawk max, my first problem is the power button on my case, everytime I plug it in the computer automatically starts and if left in will turn off within 3 seconds. But if pulled out my computer will boot just like normal. I had to use different ram I’m not sure why but it wont boot with hyperx ram, and finally I think it curropted my hard drives because the only why I was able to get into windows was to reset my ssds and unplugging then otherwise windows would always get a start error. Any help would be great.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
You should list complete system specs.
Is this a completely new build?

For the front panel switch, if you have access to a meter, or even a little continuity tester, check to be sure the switch is opening and closing. I suspect an issue with it where it's always closed. It is a momentary switch and supposed to be open unless you are actively pressing it.

Dec 28, 2020
This is my old build with a new mobo
my specs:
Corsair Cx750m psu, b450 tomahawk max, ryzen 3 3200g, rx 570, i had 2 hdds but broken, using an ssd atm, also I was using hyperx 32gb dual channel but it didn’t work at all so I used some ram from another system.

TRENDING THREADS