Tomb Raider error message

Tuck_n_Tay

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Hello everyone, I recently bought Tomb Raider from steam and I downloaded it and tried to play it, but a error out of table range message. My question is what does this mean and more importantly how do I fix it.(Keep in mind that this is the new tomb raider.)

Random_G33K

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Run Tomb Raiders Setup program and disable ALL the graphical options (Fullscreen Effects, VSync, Shadows, Depth of Field, Reflections, Water Effects). Also disable any Anti-Aliasing and reduce the Resolution and Refresh Rate. Then try running the game again.
If it works, then you're left with a little trial & error to see what it is that your hardware is failing on (by turning on the graphical options one by one and increasing the resolution/refresh rate).

Tuck_n_Tay

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

Where is the tomb raider setup program?

Tuck_n_Tay

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

What I'm trying to say is that in my steam library when I hit play, it doesn't even start, it just pops up the error message.

Random_G33K

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
1. Completely exit Steam
2. Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam
3. Select "Run as Administrator"
4. Steam will launch again
5. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
6. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
7. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
8. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Tuck_n_Tay

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

Tried to restart steam as administrator and it didn't work. The error message says when I try to launch it, it says error out of table range. I verified the game files and it was perfectly fine. Should I un install is then re install it?