Tom's Advocate: Got A Manufacturer Grievance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea.
Does this apply to the vendors that use Tom's comments forum for their own publicity goals? If so, Tom's please ban all the counterfeiters' websites that are posted by these vendors.
Cleaning up your backyard a bit would be a good start.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
This is a good idea! Being a tech website... I'm fairly sure your inbox will be bursting with complaints here soon, because I've never known a tech vendor that doesn't generate complaints!

greenback

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Just when EK waterblocks has blamed it's users for the nickle flaking on it's blocks because they used distiled water and silver coil though no other company producing nickle plated waterblocks has the issue

I'd love it if Tom's / Best of Media could bring some legal pressure to bear on all those responsible for the liar-label PSU-shaped objects out there (e.g. Logisys), from those selling them (sadly including Newegg) to those whose job it is to prevent this nonsense (e.g. the FTC). That is outright consumer fraud. Not subjective exaggeration or marketing hype, but objectively measurable consumer fraud.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I could have used this 10 years ago when my Alienware crapped-out on me (last OEM PC I ever bought). Took me a year and about 5-6 returns before they sent me a computer that stopped crashing all the time. They even accused me of overclocking (back when it was verboten) because I had cleared the CMOS (which I was told to do by their own tech support people). Anyway, a letter to their president finally got some results (back before they were bought by Dell, today, good luck, I don't know if Michael Dell gives a crap).

I imagine a letter from a prominent hardware review site gets better results than one lone customer repeatedly complaining to tech support in India.

G

The no.1 company on my hit list is DFI and their unwillingness to update bios for 790 based boards (amd)., Im not sure if they are out of the mobo business but they are as far as im concerned.

pazygozo

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]I'd love it if Tom's / Best of Media could bring some legal pressure to bear on all those responsible for the liar-label PSU-shaped objects out there (e.g. Logisys), from those selling them (sadly including Newegg) to those whose job it is to prevent this nonsense (e.g. the FTC). That is outright consumer fraud. Not subjective exaggeration or marketing hype, but objectively measurable consumer fraud.[/citation]

i second that. that would be great!

Apple Troll Master

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Apple...Why do i need to have my serial present to get some support. If i own a Cinema 30" display, am having an issue and am intelligent enough to afford and pickup a phone do i need my serial? Just to get some answers...and their stupid "I can understand complex sentences" automated system doesn't work either..because it doesn't know what Cinema Display, 30-inch Cinema Display or any other variation of the display is, thus putting you on hold while it gets you to someone. Then you need to pay for support, seriously? My issue ended up being the Cinema power brick was going.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]apple troll master[/nom]Apple...Why do i need to have my serial present to get some support. If i own a Cinema 30" display, am having an issue and am intelligent enough to afford and pickup a phone do i need my serial? Just to get some answers...and their stupid "I can understand complex sentences" automated system doesn't work either..because it doesn't know what Cinema Display, 30-inch Cinema Display or any other variation of the display is, thus putting you on hold while it gets you to someone. Then you need to pay for support, seriously? My issue ended up being the Cinema power brick was going.[/citation]
If you are spending that much on a monitor, you should at least be buying some good tech support. I've heard of plenty of stories of tech support acting like people are noobs, telling them to try certain things to troubleshoot when the customer knows what they're doing and has already tried that. Seriously? And I think much of the time they are actually helping 5-10 people at once on chat. That would explain why it says "Agent is Typing" for a minute or two until I get a response - and it's only a few sentences or so. And it took a while for it to even get that far.

[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Oh, and what about false advertising? For instance, PSUs that don't live up to their advertised specs?[/citation]
^ this is something i absolutely hate. Some PSU manufacturers blatently lie about their product.How is it that these products can make it to the shelves? Are there laws to deal with this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.