Tom's Community Feature Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Here's what I think: This new comment system sucks. You should have done some more targeted testing with it before implementation rather than moving on to some silly follow feature.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
I think the new comment system is complete trash and that you dumbasses don't realize how many people use F5 to reload webpages with comments to see the new comments when those same stupid webpages don't update themselves automatically.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Firstly, the two development progressions are independent of one another. Secondly, you've been given opportunity to provide considerable feedback in the area of the forum we have set aside specifically for forum feedback - aptly named, "Forum Feedback". This feedback from our users have proven invaluable in developing the new platform design, creating new features and providing content to our users that they want most.

If you find that you are able to provide more concise reasons than "This new comment system sucks" in a thread actually pertinent to the new comment system, we'd be grateful for your constructive input. Alternatively, trolls and trolling on Tom's Hardware are met with the full, merciless force of the moderation team. Please relay your detailed thoughts to a new forum thread in Forum Feedback for any input on the comment thread system. For this thread, keep responses On Topic, as relates to the giveaway or the Follow feature.

Thanks for your cooperation! :)

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
@jpishgar: I can't believe the attitude displayed in the post from a Community Manager no less! If I were your manager I'd fire you in a blink.
I understand you may not have read any other posts on the matter because of some internal policy, but this at least should be an eye opener then. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a forum for forum feedback. Seems like excessive bureaucracy to me. Most of your posters typically don't go to your forum system (some may not even be aware of it) since you've conveniently provided an in-article front-end. If you care about feedback on your comment system being delivered elsewhere, you should post a clearly labeled separate feedback link in every article.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Personally, I prefer the old system. The buttons for quoting, thumbs up, thumbs down, reporting spam were more consistently located and visually represented. I also believe it should default to showing the newest posts first, but allow the user to change this if desired. I do like the fact that "React To This Article" is first, allowing a user to impulse post without reading the entire thread first -- this seems to get more "honest" feedback.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
@jpishgar So it's my job now to manage the expectations of your community?
No. It's not.
And quite frankly, there's no reason for me to give "constructive" feedback when I know for a fact that it'll be met with the same attitude you've demonstrated here.
I'll post my opinions where I feel fit. Anything more is a waste of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.