Tom's Guide: 13 Free Tools for Viewing and Editing PDFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Stay pleb, Foxit users. Sumatra (which isn't even on this list) is king. PDF-XChange, which is what Sumatra is based on, is acceptable as well however.

You don't need 13 different programs to handle PDF, you just need one that does it reliably, elegantly and blazingly fast. That's Sumatra.

G

[citation][nom]AzureFlash[/nom]Stay pleb, Foxit users. Sumatra (which isn't even on this list) is king. PDF-XChange, which is what Sumatra is based on, is acceptable as well however.You don't need 13 different programs to handle PDF, you just need one that does it reliably, elegantly and blazingly fast. That's Sumatra.[/citation]
I just gave it a try and it really is lightning fast. It can't add/remove pages, though. Or am I missing something?

holdenn

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
There is a really simple yet robust tool for extracting highlights and notes from your pdf-files available at: http://www.sumnotes.net . Not only it supports various advanced features like selective extraction or predictive extraction, but it also allows you to save extracted highlights into TXT or DOC files. All desktop browsers and operating systems are supported. We are in cloud, so no installation is needed. And yes, it is for free.

Treegreenrock

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I can say that I've tried many of these viewers and I think I like Foxit Reader and CoolUtils PDF Viewer (was it mentioned here?), since they are simple and compact and user friendly enough to satisfy both beginners and savvies

Status
Not open for further replies.