Tom's Guide: 40 Free and Useful Mozilla Firefox Add-Ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambootoothpick

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
when I saw this article the only reason I clicked on it was because I was like ghostery better be in the top 10. They didn't even put it on there?

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
According to some people, Ghostery is spyware of a sort. You could try subscribing to EasyPrivacy in AdBlock and then doing without Ghostery. FlashBlock is also recommended; even though NoScript tries to block flash, I've noticed that it doesn't quite block all flash, hence why FlashBlock is needed as well.

Other recommended addons not listed, other than those I listed in the other topic:
All-in-One Sidebar
Auto Cursor
Ctrl-Z
Fasterfox Lite (Use the 'Lite' version rather than the full one...)
Google Search by Image ('cause TinEye is useless and redundant now)
HTTPS Finder (use in conjunction with HTTPS Everywhere)
ImgLikeOpera
Mozilla Archive Format
Save My Tabs (edit the frequency to roughly 240 minutes)

yannigr

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
Flashblock
so that YOU choose what flash too see, not the advertiser.

Snaplinks
You can open many links with one move. Good way too read Tom's reviews. With one move all the pages open in multiple tabs in the correct order.

Devoteicon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2012
Wow, a lot of addons that deal with tabs. How many tabs do you people have open at once? The most I've had open at any one time is probably two, lol.

[citation][nom]skyczy08[/nom]Where is the link to the details? am i blind?[/citation]

No, it's standard procedure ... most of the time I peek at these articles they forget the link. :)

I do the same when sending peeps attachments

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

It's #8 (although I know that they're in order).

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

cyberfox now, waterfox project is kind of dead. the performance bounous from cyberfox is great.

that said, still no sage++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS