Tom's Guide: Backup Your PC With These Free Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Backing up is easy, restoring can often be a PITA. Make a plan to test the backup every X amount of backups otherwise they are useless.

robocopy -- its built into windows (just not XP) just make a batch telling it what to include/skip

even has features like inter-packet gap to stop network/internet lag and a lot more

try it some time

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]this is about SOFTWARE to backup TO devices, not the devices themselves[/citation]

FreeNAS is a software.... i know, i use it !

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]egilbe[/nom]I hope you were joking. Raid 0 is not backup and it's more prone to drive failure.[/citation]

RAID10 is not RAID0... read again !

meghanadoshi21

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Backup software are computer programs used to perform backup; they create supplementary exact copies of files, databases or entire computers. These programs may later use the supplementary copies to restore the original contents in the event of data loss.http://www.vertexonlinebackup.com/cms/

Kitylucy

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Why not review Vibosoft free Data backup software, I used it for one years, easy to use and powerful. It can completely make a copy of system partition, backup all partitions of your portable devices and clone entire hard disk or USB drive. What’s more, it can also effectively and selectively backup various of data types, like: photos, videos, audios, office document and software application. I'm a user, I just hope you can shhare more userful app for people . Vibosoft is what I want to recommend to you. Here: http://www.vibosoft.com/free-data-backup-windows.html

Vasco

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
I really like Argentum Backup (www.argentuma.com) as a Windows backup tool. Found it to be very fast and easy to use, even for a beginner like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS