Welcome to the 2020 Tom's Hardware Black Friday Builds event!
It's time once again for everyone's favorite PC Building competition. We're asking you to submit your best performing builds across three (3) different budget categories. In this competition we're taking it back to the old school. That's right our rules and format are same as they ever was. In short, you submit the best performing builds at the lowest possible price in a number of categories. We pick the top five builds, you vote on them. The winners and their builds are featured on the Tom's Hardware homepage so our readers will have a quick guide to building the best machine for their budgets. The competition will run until 5:59 PM Eastern on November 30, 2020.
$1000 Streaming and Gaming BuildPlease submit builds with the best gaming performance for $1000 or less. You're looking to find a build that gets the best possible performance per dollar.
We're gonna break this competition down into 4 parts:
- Submit your builds
- After the submissions, the Tom's Hardware staff will pick their top 5 in each category. We will judge primarily on quality of components, price, and theoretical system performance.
- Users vote on their favorite build of the top 5.
- We feature the winning builds in each category on the Tom's Hardware homepage.
How do I submit a build?
- Head to the PCPartPicker System Builder.
- Build your system!
- When you're all set, smash that BB code button
- Copy the BB code
- Head to this thread, respond hit the BB code toggle in the tool bar
- Paste the BB code and post your thread!
Ground Rules - Read this or you will be disqualified
- Only one build per budget category, per user. Multiple builds from a single user or duplicate accounts will be disqualified.
- Do not go over budget.
- Use only Amazon or Newegg to source parts.
- DO NOT USE Amazon 3rd Party Sellers to source parts.
- Use list prices only: coupons, rebates, bundles or any other limited-time offers will not be accepted.
- Do not include shipping or tax in your final budget.
- Do not include the Operating System, Monitor or VR Headset, Keyboard, Mouse or Gamepad.
- All builds must have a name.
- Do not put your forum handle in the name of your build, and avoid odd capitalizations & symbols.
- We encourage users to use PCPartPicker's System Build for speedy construction.
- Do not post a link to your build, but rather please be sure to export as BBCode for a quick copy/paste to the forums
$500 Min Spec Console Killer
$1000 Streaming and Gaming Build
$1500 VR Ready Gaming Build
Good luck and may the best build win!
Last edited by a moderator: