Tom's Hardware Forum threads and Tom's Guide Forum threads

a cooperator

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012
Hi,
I am quite stumbled with why some threads are shown in the Tom's Hardware Forum Threads page as well as shown in the Tom's Guide Forum Threads page?
However, some other threads are only shown in the Toms' Hardware Forum Threads page.
Also, some other threads are only shown in the Toms' Guide Forum Threads page.

I don't remember that I posted the same threads in both threads.
If I want all my created threads, and followed threads to be in one place(in one Forum Threads page), I could do that? Please make it easy as it is easy to be logging in to both forums with the same credentials.

Tom%27s%20Hardware%20threads.JPG

Tom%27s%20Guide%20threads.JPG

a cooperator

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012

Thanks a lot,
But who shared them with both forums? I am talking about my created threads, some of which are shown in both forums. However, some of which are only shown in one, and not in the other forum.
I need them to be shown in one forum?

USAFRet

Titan

The *who* is simply the Forum software.
No 'person' goes through and says 'this one', but not 'that one'.

It depends on the specific subforum and topic.

a cooperator

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012

Thanks a lot,
Yes, but I don't see any striking difference between the two forums. Also, I don't remember I created a Tom's Guide Forum account at all.
So, why do I have to choose which I should post in?

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi there! Maybe I can answer a few questions.

Long before I came on the team, there was no forums for Tom's Guide. It was decided that Tom's Guide needed a forum, and it was also decided that it would be based on the same platform software that Tom's Hardware uses. Then someone else thought "Why don't we mirror a few forums from Tom's Hardware on to Tom's Guide?" It was agreed on, and as a way to differentiate between the two Tom's Hardware kept several important forums as their own (like CPUs, GPUs, Systems, Gaming, etc) and the Tom's Guide Forums kept forum sections dedicated to their audience (Smart Home, Cell Phones, etc).

To make things easier for development, both forums work with a Single Sign-On Authorization program, so even if you don't frequent one site you can access the forums under the same username at your leisure.

Hope that helps!