Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Fallout 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
THE HYPE TRAIN IS PULLING INTO ITS FINAL STOP!

Unless they’ve been living under a rock, every gamer should be aware of this: Fallout 4 releases on November 10th!

The much-anticipated sequel to Bethesda’s popular Fallout series has gotten a lot of buzz and many people have wondered if it’s worth it. Between the disturbing trend of buggy releases from publishers lately and Bethesda’s own reputation for less-than-perfect initial releases, it’s definitely something to worry about.

You know what, though? None of that matters because we know you want the game anyway—especially if it’s free! That’s why we’re giving away three (3) copies to some lucky people! We’re not even going to make it hard for you guys, all you have to do is participate in the discussion by answering the following prompt:

What would you do immediately after emerging from a Vault?

Two lucky winners will be chosen randomly in our usual format, and the third will be selected by staff members based on the humor and originality of their response—so get creative! And if you're wondering if your computer will be able to run it, we've got this handy thread where community members can report back about how the game performs on their various builds.

Now, although I can’t win this myself, I do like to participate. The first thing I would do after emerging from a Vault, assuming this is the Boston Vault featured in the game, would be to get the heck out of Boston in whatever way I can manage. Actually, as a native New Yorker and a rabidly delusional Knicks fan, I’d probably go find TD Garden (or its future equivalent) and blow it to bits. Or blow its ruins to bits. Whichever. :D

Contest will run until 12 PM EST on Friday, November 13. That’s 12:00 noon. Winners will receive their prize as a Steam gift; a Steam account is required to receive and to play the game. One entry per user. Winners will be selected randomly from among eligible entries. Attempts to cheat the system will result in automatic disqualification.

Be sure to join our Steam group!

We’re always looking for volunteers to write community reviews for games, so if you’re interested, please reach out to me for more details.

nimbian

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Well I'm going to work under the assumption this is the DC vault. I've always wanted to run up the stairs of the Washington memorial. After that I would have to climb up on Abe's lap. Finally make my way to the white house and ultimately the oval office before sitting myself at the president's chair and declaring myself leader of all that remains of the free world. #Nimbian4POTUS

Vynavill

Honorable
Assuming the vault was located in....wait, why would I want to emerge from the vault to begin with? I could always stick with living inside it, maintaining it and managing it as I see fit for the wanderers of the atomic wasteland.

Who knows? A bustling city, a thieves cove, a pious shelter based off democracy or a little deviant monarch's paradise. Possibilities are endless, so why travel the world around me if the world is gonna do so first? ;D

s_tambo

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Go right back in. The vaults may all be crazy, but the wasteland is no place for a shut in like me.

Nyhil116

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
I would first ensure i have proper shelter.. in the case of waking up from the Boston vault i would utilize the buildings on the outskirts of the city for shelter to avoid any groups of hostile people/mutants/zombies. This would also give me close access to food stores, if there were any left. Next I would secure any type of lethal weaponry I could find in order to defend myself, and also, to hunt. I would then ensure i have a good source of water, which shouldnt be to difficult to find in that area. After finding temporary food sources i would then start cultivating renewable food sources such as vegetables and fruits. Meanwhile, i would also be hunting for warm gear and fire wood as the winters in the north east are harsh.

cpmackenzi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
My goal would be to visit all 30 of the MLB stadiums, in their aging, decomposing glory. I'd bet you could find tons of processed foods that would still be edible! Giant cans of chili for hot dogs and nacho cheese in a foil bag, anyone? A little bit of rad roach meat, and you've got yourself a meal!

I'd also hit empty theme parks, because nothing looks creepier than nature invading roller coasters and areas made exclusively for man.

ilducesaint

Reputable
May 26, 2015
i will move on, what else i can do?, make friends with someone, so i wont be alone in my adventure, maybe look for a gurl and save her, so i can have her as a gf and be happy at least 10seconds so then a deathclaw will come to kill me, but i will be die happy, and thats good

allenpan

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i will put on Oculus Rift DK2 and start playing the Sims and pretend the fall out ever happen... and keep telling myself is a dream...

Dom_79

Distinguished
If I emerged from the vault featured in Boston the first thing I would do is anything it takes to get to my hometown of Hamilton... Ontario, not Massachusetts. I'd just be too curious to see how another steel town faired compared to The Pitt. I'd have a long trip filled with adventures and peril but I'm curious as a cat. That's why my friends call me whiskers :lol:

spoker

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
I would check my PipBoy for my stats, so i would know what i can do best and what i can give to this World. Then i would try to find out what has happened in the Wasteland while i was chilling in my vault.
Thats what i would do, but knowing my luck first thing probably would be me meeting some baddies right outside the vault and getting my ass kicked.

etbwalster

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
Well seeing as it would be in Boston, probably head to the ocean, find some giant mutated clams and make some chowda!

ultraglorious

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Having spent my entire life underground, I would almost immediately be murdered by raiders or impaled by rad scorpions as I wandered around squinting like Clint Eastwood trying to shield my weak, vault-dweller eyes from the fiery power of the sun.

gilbadon

Distinguished
Become blind, religious, and machete the hell out of bad guys just like Denzel from "The Book of Eli". I would not turn down Mila Kunis though. That is a big plot hole... I would eat cat. That I could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.