Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Fallout 4!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rixy55

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
I'd take the opportunity to start fresh and become a Clint Eastwood impersonator/vigilante. Find a .44 Magnum and end every unsavory encounter with, "You feelin' lucky, punk?"

spinportal

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
Find a biker helmet with a visor, football shoulder pads, swiss army knife, canteen, walking staff, torches, flint and steel, a mirror and the rest of my 2 copper pieces left over from shopping at the general store.

squibbfire2

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
I would find guns lots of guns. Like were talking a freakish amount of guns...then find some place that grows plant life. Start a farm with secret tunnels.. Then roam the wasteland for women..bring them back to the farm create a race of super sexy nerd babies which grow to dominate and rule the world in my image.

jonroberts26

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I hope I win one of the random ones, because I am not nearly as creative as some of you guys.

I can suggest my favorites, however. "Same thing we do every night, Pinky..."
Or "Time enough at last"
Good luck all

JR

NOOB2PRO

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2012
Right...
First - setup traps around the vault
Second - grab enough provisions to maintain myself
Third - get power running
Fourth - get a PC working
Finally - Play Fallout 4
:p

thburninator

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
See if Mattel actually produced those hoverboards we were promised!

Next I would hoard every teddy bear I found, because that's normal, right?

Henry Cortes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2014
Well, the first thing that I would do is find somewhere that I know. From there I would make my to the mountains where my high school lies. There I will have all sorts of things ranging from a welding shop, an autobody shop, a woodshop, even a slaughterhouse. I would be able to get a good source of food from any wildlife that survives. I would take that wildlife and breed in order to create a lasting food source. Also, with my ingenuity, I will be able to repair anything that is broken.

(Shoutout to Gam3r01 for going to the same high school)

cyneweard

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
I'd try to catalog the vaults. Make a list of where they are, and what happened there. The experiments had a purpose, and although many of them were clearly failures, there are no doubt unknown wonders out there as well. It's a connection to our past, and hope for our future. It's a mission that will take generations, but would be worth the lives lost along the way.

Greywolf772

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
The first I'd do would most likely be:
1. Loot anything I can pick up.
2. Get over encumbered
3. Drop a few items to pick up more items.
This usually goes on for a while because I tend to be a pack rat in Fallout/Elder Scrolls even though I know that a lot of the junk is worthless. (although that may change with the new crafting system)

Wrongness

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
First I would take a deep breath. Ohhh yes, that sweet smell of radiation in the air. Now its time to quest for my favorite cookies (Digestives Dark chocolate) they should survive somewhere and I'll find them, and when I do, I'll just need milk XD

Gnom

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
Measure radiation, assess food/water reserves, map surroundings, survey airwaves, find place to sit for coffee.

tysher

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Having made sure the air was finally breathable outside, I would slowly open the enormous rusty door looking for possible threats and when I felt safe, I would scream on the top my lungs, while crying of happiness - I had my own post apocalyptic world to explore, trying to rebuild and repopulate earth (except Australia, I'm fairly confident they weren't hit by any of this).

After 199 years stuck in hibernation pods, the computer running Vault 84 decided it was time to release its occupants, since the radiation levels were steadily lowering, enough to be survivable in about 12 months. Little did it know that most of us were not going to wake up, ever. One of the nukes had penetrated the vault and destroyed most of it.
Luckily (I'm a die hard optimist) me and 3 others had survived by sheer luck because our pods were in the 'poor' end of the vault, near the heavy machinery, which withstood the brunt of the explosions and also shielded us from the ensuing radiation.

For the past year we had struggled to survive on what little was left of our supplies and all the radroaches and mole rats we could get our hands on. Deborah, our doctor, actually tried to grow edible and pharmaceutical plants, but was only successful with a few hallucinogenic mushrooms, which we tended to save for special occasions.
Fortunately water was easy to come by thanks to our faithful water processing plant. Having Fred, a mechanical engineer, with us proved invaluable, keeping our life sustaining equipment in top shape.

Staying so long in the confines of our small section of the vault took a heavy toll on us, particularly because the only source of entertainment were Facebook games. I was able to connect the vaults network systems to a makeshift satellite antenna to connect us to the world wide web. Surprisingly the only servers we could still access belonged to the dictator Zuckerberg, who had bought a significant part of Alaska to keep his data centers cool, and had somehow survived this, making enough posts a day to make it obvious he wasn't quite sane anymore. Sandra was hit the hardest since she did not have an account and kept getting high on mushrooms, day in day out.

I wasn't sure the others were actually happy to leave the vault, but it would prove to be the happiest day of my new life...

yluko

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
Ditch my Vitamin D pills, I will need them no longer. Maybe want to put on some sun tan lotion though.

Al____

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
I'd turn into a loot critter for a bit and scrounge for any new tech items that I can find then build a transmogrifier or a time machine and mess with everyone I see..

Status
Not open for further replies.