Tom's Hardware Giveaway - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome, one and all!

A couple of weeks ago, we gave away a copy of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. We set some participation goals and while we didn’t reach the lofty number of 500, we did get well over 300 entries which means we’re giving away two more copies!!

Contest entry is a bit more difficult this time! Go search for some pen and paper because we want you to draw a picture of the Witchers' medallion (the wolf head symbol; see: examples)! That’s right, it’s an art exercise! Each person can earn up to four entries in this random drawing, and here are the exact details on how:

• ■ Get 1 entry for a hand drawn picture of the Witchers' medallion. Digital drawings/renders will not be accepted—sorry!
    ■ Get 1 additional entry for including your forum username and “Tom’s Hardware” somewhere in the picture.
    ■ Get 2 *BONUS* entries for drawing Geralt of Rivia! (Must include at least his face and top of torso to qualify)

Attach the image to your forum post or just post a link to the image—either way is acceptable! Because this contest is a little more involved, this will last for TWO weeks instead of the usual one so that everybody has plenty of time. All valid entries will be assigned a number and two numbers will be randomly selected as winners when the contest draws to a close. Good luck, everyone!

Contest will run until 12 PM EDT on Friday, June 19th. Winners will receive their prize via Steam gifts; a Steam account is required to receive and to play the game. One entry per user. Attempts to cheat the system will result in automatic disqualification.

Some of these were great. Like, amaaaazing. As somebody who is incredibly artistically challenged, you guys are like superheroes to me. I have favorites among the entries, but since we aren't judging based on that, I'll keep it to myself ;)

Without further ado, a big congratulations to djam2001 and jsgrant31 for being the lucky, randomly selected winners! You'll both be receiving a PM from me later today with instructions on how to claim your prize.

Thank you everybody for participating! I hope you all enjoyed this little contest and even if you did not win, you all created great pieces of art that you can be proud of! Loved seeing everybody's take on it and all the flair that was added. We'll have a much easier contest next week, so check back soon!

Be sure to join our Steam group! We’re actively looking for volunteers to write community reviews for games, so if you’re interested, please reach out to me for more details! And of course, we've also got a PC Gaming Tutorial Contest going on!

kompster

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Here is my entry with a touch of my signature style.
yGBT0Tk.jpg

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Heeey, those look pretty awesome! Even the blurry Geralt (which is TOTALLY acceptable, by my standards)!

I'm always super jealous when I see people draw amazing things. I have about as much artistic talent as a duck. Perhaps less :(

Hoping to see more great art over the next two weeks!

Clellan

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
I tried...
WMGR.jpg

edit: Really puts it in perspective when you see how much better everyone else's drawing skills are...

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
It's a good thing we're not judging based on quality :lol:

Also, The_Vlad_Ordeal, while that is a veeery nice eye, it...doesn't directly resemble either the medallion or Geralt. I'm afraid I can't count that one!

The_Vlad_Ordeal

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
Ok, I guess I'll post when all finished. (If you take a closer look, the drawing is of the eye region of the medallion. Sorry for not clarifying, and again I will repost when all done.)

Thanks.

Anirn

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
First off - hello everyone!
It is a pleasure to be here. I am a new member of your lovely community and surely one that will continue to follow the works of your webs in the future.

Here is my entry for the giveaway. I was actually more interested in drawing Geralt, but I left myself no enough space to do so and kind of butchered his pretty face...

Good luck everyone!

Proxish

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Took me a good while, but I finally got it done. Please let me know if this qualifies for all the bonus entries. If not, I'll submit another.
Good luck to everyone.

doxhpi1.jpg

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
All you artistically gifted individuals. Makes me so sad and jealous :(

That being said, they all look great! I'm glad so many have added their own little touches to it -- a little originality and creativity is always welcome!

@Proxish: That's good enough for me! Accepted and qualified for all bonuses!

Proxish

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

That's great, thank you for letting me know.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
GreatMaster, we've been through this, both in a previous contest and through PMs.

Let me put it this way: do ANY of you actually think that I'm going to wake up at midnight to go to work? Would YOU wake up at midnight to do extra, unpaid work for your 9-5 job?