Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Ultra Street Fighter IV!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan C

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Definitely Street Fighter. I agree with most opinions in that it was incredibly cheesy, but as a child, I admired Jean Claude from that point on. What's better than being 5 and watching a movie based on your favourite game? Exactly!

QUASH_YTC

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
It's definitely gotta be Mortal Kombat for me. That movie was a classic... in my opinion. The movie's portrayal of Kano was so iconic that the later games of the series took that approach to the character.

azraumaro

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
Aaah, Mortal Kombat isn't too bad at all. Well played, some special movements, great Raiden and the Scorpion scene... but definitely kick ass soundtrack!!! Love it
And yup, Street Fighter's Cammy Minogue... so fine.

EviL FazZ

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Street Fighter was so bad compared to the others, that I remember it more and thus, is my favoured choice of film :D

...and if we're also taking about fun alternatives too, then Jackie Chan as Chun Li in City Hunter is an hilarious classic film scene :lol:

Alfred09

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Mortal Combat was the only half decent movie on this list. Those of you who say otherwise are foolish. You are weak and unworthy. I shall send you to face Prince Goro, our reigning champion (And get your buttox, the whoop-ed)

Jodel Dominguez

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
All have different twists as for Street Fighter, Deejay and Zangief being a Shadaloo, Ryu and Ken are undercover, Honda, Balrog are with Interpol. Deep in my friggin heart Street Fighter will always be the best movie I'd watch as for MK and DOA, both 2nd and Tekken for.... 123763478723478273894723894th. I'm a SF fan since SFII and cause of the budget that keeps on selling they got Van Damme for Guile........ THUMBS UP! Oh yeah and the Blanka and Dhalsim scene was awesome as Street Fighter IV getting more and more versions. LOL

Izuall

Honorable
May 31, 2013
If animated movies are alowed then Street Fighter 2 & Alpha/Generations are my favourite if not Mortal Kombat I(1995) is probably the best of the bunch.

Retro Game Players

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Mortal Kombat, because of the freaking awesome music out at the time! I still remember the music video intro on my Sega CD!! Plus I can watch it today and still enjoy it. Van Damme is pretty awesome in Street Fighter though. However, I didn't know about Tekken or Dead of Alive, so I'm off to find those and to watch em! !

yozhik

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
The answer is clearly Street Fighter. Went to the theater with my friends to see it. Besides, which other series had a game created based on a movie that was based on a game? Remember the arcade game Street Fighter: The Movie?

junrokh

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Street Fighter Assassin's Fist was quite a good movie to be honest, but if we are only talking about the old ones I'll have to say Mortal Kombat cuz I think MK universe is more suitable for cinema.

xenokalson

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
Mortal kombat is the best (among the 4), it has satisfactory plot when compared to others, which are...erm...you get it. Acting in all 4 are just below par.

bramenjam

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Mortal Kombat was one of the first game movies, and when it initially came out I thought it was rather mediocre. However, it soon became clear that the other game movies couldn't even come close to mediocre. They were terrible. Anybody remember Tomb Raider 2? Brrr, cold shivers just ran over my back.

So clearly Mortal Kombat is the best as it had some nice action, some funny moments, and a pre-CG 4-armed fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.