Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RussK1

Splendid
you should know too.... :sol:

People will complain about the bezels until they actually sit in front of it and the bezels disappear. My uncle played on my machine (and he don't play games) over the weekend and couldn't believe it. So much more to a game in Eyefinity or nVidia surround... (besides MW3 with no multi-monitor support -AT ALL Just shows how much IW sucks!).

I'm still waiting for a promo code for this:

imgres

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

i will be running at 5760x1080 as well. id like to run bf3 at a mix of high and ultra without aa, but thats shooting too high, im sure. if you guys get that crysis 2 server let me know, i play it occasionaly

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

ya with 570 sli you are really going to be bottlenecked by the 1.2gb of VRAM

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished

oh. i didn't know that. just looked down at your sig. ya 2.5gbs will handle bf3 fairly well. you probably can mix up ultra and high without aa for sure. did you overclock them at all?

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

not yet i just got my cpu overclocked but my plan is to bring them to 580 clocks, that or just get another 570 for now. but either way ill either need another block or another 140mm rad so i have plenty running through my head. ill just focus on getting the extra monitors now hopefully then ill have made up my mind once ive tested them with my rig

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
believe me if i could put it on the floor i would but the wifes stupid mutt would slam into it when she gets runs into the room, that or shake water everywhere like she does on rainy nights, and short something out. i know it doesn't look the safest but its pushed firmly against the wall. ive pushed it a little and id have to have drank a full case and stumble into it with my full body weight too knock it off there, but i never drink that much so i hope im good.if not i dont know, this is really my only option

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

well with the idea your thinking of i could just buy another file cabnet extension like the one my pc is on and put it on the left side then mod it to have a stable shelf instead of drawers. i dont wana drill into the desk though. the file cabnet is $119 the desk is $250, i dont wana ruin the desk. but hey, this desk and my future plans for three monitors, a hutch, and a mini fridge already pissed the wife off, and got a huge arguement going, so i might be able to place it on the floor after all, after our devorce, that is. i still have the wheels for the case to put it on

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
yep, lol, good riddance to her. but i have a son that means everything to me, so ya if i did hack up the file cabnet id be worried about air, and drilling into my desk, thats not happening. i was thinking about putting my rig on my mini fridge but i was told to consider vibration as to not damage my hhd and heat from the back being pulled in. damn, shoulda stuck with the crappy ps3, much less headache

Well the battle with my new Lian-Li case has ended. Took forever to put together but I finished finally.

Brief review:
I loved this case when I was installing and the finished product. However it has huge flaws in cable management. They barely give you enough room to fit any more than a 24-pin power cable thickness of space between the back and the panel. With that said it sucked to put the panel on because it wouldn't go on. Finally I brute forced it after about 30 minutes... It was terrible, that's probably the worst thing you could possibly to do someone who actually cable manages. Not give them enough space to hide cables and then have the panel be flimsy enough to bend... ARGGGGG... Overall it looks good but that was one of the biggest issues with the case, along with some flaws in design (IE HDD Drive bays, they're too loose).

I'll post some pics tomorrow..,

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Just upgraded my system with 3D vision surround. Posted in another thread, but thought i'd post it in here. Hope everyone likes it. :D

3 X ASUS VG236HE 3D Monitors @ 5760 x 1080

System:
Windows 7 64bit Ultra
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R SLI
i7 920 @ 3.2ghz
12gb DDR3 (3x4gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600
2 liquid cooled Nvidia Gtx 480's in SLI
H.D. = Hitatchi 1TB 7200
2nd H.D. = Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200

(no longer running the X-Fi, after 5 years it finally died)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9JQbjiRQko&list=UUSfovrjTz2VBvwuAqaMzqQg&index=1&feature=plcp

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php