Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 195 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Heres my mid-life crisis dream build that I've been working on over the past year. Let me know what you all think!

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Asus Rog Strix X570-E
32gb (4x8gb) G.Skill DDR4 3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14D-16GTZNA x2)
Evga RTX 3090 FTW3
2tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus
2tb Samsung 870 Evo
1000w Seasonic PX1000 80+ Platinum
Lian Li O11D

Cooling:
Bitspower O11D-AK Distro plate with DDC pump
Bitspower Touchaqua Summit MS CPU block
Bykski N-EV3090FTW3-X GPU block with active rear block
Bitspower Tarasque II 360mm x 25mm radiator
Barrow 360mm x 40mm radiator
Bitspower fittings 16mm OD
Bitspower Acrylic hard tubing 16mm OD
3x Cooler Master MF120 Halo's on the slim radiator
3x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120's on the thicker radiator
Temps are low to mid 70s on the cpu, low to mid 50s on the gpu core and memory junction

Peripherals:
34" Ultra-Wide LG 34GP950G-B 3440x1440 144hz G-Sync
27" Acer Predator XB271HU 2560x1440 144hz G-Sync in portrait mode
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers
Logitech G815 clicky keyboard
Logitech G502 mouse
Logitech Pro-X Wireless headset

To do list:
I need to finish tidying up the cable management on the monitors and speakers. Waiting on some clips and tracks to arrive, but we've been getting hammered with snow for the past several days. I'm pretty satisfied with how its turning out though.

20220118_223029.jpg

20211130_201424.jpg
Doesn't look like your having a midlife crisis. More like a midlife lottery win. Looks sick

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not really a big fan of the rainbow unicorn puke approach, but gotta say that's very tastefully done, not overpowering, very subtle shades. Looks really good 👍, nice job. Definitely approve of the clear coolant, it doesn't detract from the overall aesthetics 😊. Year well spent in the planning.

realflow100

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
put this system together after a prebuilt motherboard and psu died in the original HP pc.
i7 3770k OC to 4.5ghz 1.310v no WHEA errors prime small FFT stable. Fixed voltage. all core. didnt change anything else. Temp gets up to 76 max over 30+ minutes but idle or gaming its usually under 60!
(I had originally 1.275v before. thought it was ok but event viewer was showing WHEA and i sometimes had weird issues with programs glitching. even locking up and having to do a hard restart.
SYY 5 heatpipe cpu cooler 1800rpm cooling fan. (Very unhappy with the thermal compound included with it. its tar consistently and not spreadable at all. but my temps are ok so not terrible)
32GB patriot viper III 1600mhz CL9 memory with xmp enabled and 1T command rate as the only manually changed option in my bios.
zotac GTX 1650 4GB LP overclocked a bit
256GB SSD main drive and 2TB external USB 3.0 HDD
Not visible
EVGA 750W 80+ gold power supply yeah I know its overkill but I have room to upgrade to a much better graphics card with it!
dell 240hz IPS gsync/freesync monitor.
corsair m65 pro RGB mouse
and a cheap cherry mx silent red switch keyboard. (no rgb)
I have all the rgb turned off/disabled in my case and mouse. so its a bit dark. I didn't feel like bothering with the rgb nonsense. its just wasted power anyways at the end of the day.
cheap gamemax coc turbo case thing.
asrock extreme4 z77 motherboard
Didn't really bother with cable management much. I couldn't be bothered hiding the motherboard power cable. not like its going to affect temperatures anyways.
MyPC1.png

MyPC2.png

If you look at some of my old posts, I've been hollering about stack effect for a long time here. Just, nobody listened until recently. It's a fundamental of thermodynamics and is widely recognized as a primary consideration in home and building design. Sure, you can brute force almost anything with enough pressure and movement, at the cost of (usually) a noise penalty, but if you work WITH stack effect, you can do it nearly silently and if designed efficiently you can almost do it with no forced movement at all. With a small amount of mechanical air pressure you can create a very responsible system that is nearly silent OR one that is simply quiet but has tremendous performance.

Consider, for years many homes had gas furnaces that relied 100% on stack effect as they had no forced air at all to move heat from the furnace into the rooms above and these systems worked quite well until people started demanding instant gratification. I want all of my heat NOW dammit. So, fans.

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Humm.... here I clicked on this & thought it was a "gallery" thread..... but so far, I'm seeing moar chit chat & comments than actual pics of member's rigs..... bummer....

Just an observation, but it seems that some folks here don't know what the term "cable management" means.....'cause there be some serious rat nestin going on up in here :D

"become one with the cables, you must " - Yoda (well, sorta)

Last edited:
Glad you could show up and tell us all what is wrong with the forum. Maybe, look at more than one page and you'll find plenty of rigs to drool over. If ALL you want to see is pictures, well, I guess that's what Google image search is for. Here, we don't just show off builds, we actually talk about them too. You know, because it's a community. And yes, there are plenty of users who've never heard of cable management, but there are just as many and probably a lot more who have and do.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Flipped the case back to the normal position and cleaned up the cables some more. Still sittin' on a pair of black painted 2x4s.
ZwZzlDw.jpg
BgrAlnV.jpg

One of those Icegiant Prosiphons would look nice in here, but...

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Mostly built from extra components that I had in my PC den:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 Quad Lumi with Corsair iCUE SP RGB ELITE Fan
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 250 GB NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB Solid State Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB NITRO+ Special Edition
Case: CorsairWhite iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000i White Special Edition ( Only 100 units released to the public )
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Case Fans: Corsair iCUE SP RGB ELITE Fans

Last edited: