Tom's Hardware Nowadays in a Nutshell

IFSKiAj.png

I've been on this forum since 2013. I used to contribute a lot more, but I have taken a pretty long break from visiting this forum.

Today, I fired off some answers and noticed a lot more of these types of questions on here. It seems like Tom's has gone a bit downhill. I remember intelligent discussions and informative posts, now I just see a lot of these.

Just my observations. I still love Tom's Hardware.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
The unfortunate byproduct of being the #1 tech forum on the net. That said we (the moderation team) do try to chase down low quality questions like that and get them fixed up or remove them, but unfortunately theres only so many of us and we can't be everywhere.

I completely understand. I didn't know this was the biggest tech forum. Did that happen recently?

I have to take a step back and realize that for the few low quality questions that I actually see, there are probably about 5 more that got moderated.

Thanks for all the hard work on the moderation team.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Its been the biggest for a long while as far as I know. I actually found, cleaned up, and then ended that thread you mentioned (because honestly it was junk).

Anyway you are welcome. And than you for alerting us to that thread, please feel free to use the alert button when possible if you see anything that needs our attention. Its very helpful to us when our contributors can direct us to things we may have missed.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Did you see the guy complaining because he couldnt ram his PCIE gfx card into a PCI slot, or the guy asking why his 100mbps router was only running at 100mbps, when his 1000mbps router ran at 1000mbps!!!

I now understand why HellDesk is called HellDesk, and why those guys regularly flip out.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Trust me, being a moderator here can be a thankless job, we see almost all of those that you mentioned, and even better many are always insistent they are right.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016

My favourite of the week (so far), is this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3722286/forgot-game.html#21046575

He calls me out for not being sympathetic, then claims someone recognised his description and named the game!!!