Tom's Hardware Readers' Choice 2014: Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Once you know what you want to put inside of your dream PC, you need to pick the right case to hold all of those parts. You could probably build a computer using a cardboard box as a case, but where's the fun in that? A good case displays your aesthetic tastes and gives your rig some flair, but a well-designed case will also help with cable management, air flow, and provide space for future expansions. What have you chosen to house your components in?

To see a complete listing of all of the Tom's Hardware Readers' Choice categories, as well as links to reviews we have done on some of these products, please click here.

Also visit our sister site, Tom's Guide! They are also running a Readers' Choice Awards with a focus on more consumer-oriented electronics. You can visit the page here.

Quite a few cases that are worthy of consideration won't make this list simply because they're forgotten. My favorite right now is still the Silverstone Raven 3 ( RV03 ) though the Fractal Design Define R4 is up there too. Most anything by NZXT is worthwhile as well.

I'm not a fan of these 3rd-party logins, so if anyone wants to add those, I'd appreciate it.

g-unit1111

Titan
I have a H440, myself and I love it!

We should start an H440 owner's club. :lol:

A lot of solid picks on that list, I would rank them as:

1. NZXT H440
2. Fractal Design Define R4
3. Phanteks Enthoo Pro
4. Silverstone FT04
5. Nanoxia Deep Silence 6

The Mountain Mods UFO, Case Labs, and In Win Tou are nice cases but they have extremely limited appeal and that's system builders with money. :lol:

nemedzerian

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
How about Corsair's Graphite 780T?, that one is worth more than just a quick look at; and the yellow version reminds me of a Lamborghini

Yeah. I don't like the 3rd-party logins either.

Anyone who can, please add the NZXT Phantom 630 (Windowed) on my behest.

tecmo34

Administrator
Corsair Vengeance C70, Corsair 650D, Corsair 500R, Corsair 900D, Antec 300, Antec 900, NZXT Phantom 410, NZXT Source 210, Cooler Master HAF 932 to name just a few that seem missing from the list

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Can anyone give logic as to why the Corsair 250D is getting ranked down? It appears to be a perfect ITX box from what I can see. I could easily throw a handle on that and use it to LAN party.

Rammy

Honorable

Why it might get ranked down -
It's a bit of a one trick pony in that it can handle a H100i, full sized ODD and oversized PSU but otherwise it's pretty average. It's very wide (due to the radiator provision), air cooler support and general airflow aren't amazing and it's pretty expensive in some markets. Decent case but not for everyone.

Why it's really getting ranked down -
It's the internet. Downvote everything that you don't own and doesn't support your argument.

Side note, if you want a 250D with a handle, check out the 380T which is basically just that (minus the ODD) and some cosmetic differences.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006

I also will not do a 3rd party login but I would like to add the:

EVGA Hadron Air case. I have used it on several builds now and my customers are very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.