TOM's HARDWARE removed my AVATAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKEZ

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Why has toms hardware moderation team removed my avatar which didn't violate the rules of conduct and guidelines provided on the Tom Hardware website?

My avatar wasn't offensive, wasn't rude, and didn't breach any copyrights; in fact the same avatar has actually been accepted on PS Network, XBOX live, steam, google and pretty much every where else I have an account for years; so what gives?

FYI: it was a matchstick man with a helmet raising a stick to another poor defenceless match stick man who's on the floor, no colour or gore. LOL

I've read the RULES OF CONDUCT AND GUIDELINES and fail to see how two stick men, one of which is holding a stick is anywhere near being in breach of the rules.

Surely that wasn't deemed offensive or rude.

I hope not as that would be a tad bit hypocritical to allow posts about GTA5, a fabulous but grotesque game (that promotes, car jacking, drugs, theft, prostitution, murder and none stop violence) through out the site.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gta-v-pc-release,news-46973.html

Any ideas moderators?

Can you provide a link to the avatar you tried to upload, I can run my eye over it and give possible reasons it wasnt allowed through. Its also possible that whichever mod was doing that batch of avatars simply mis-clicked and didn't realize when they finished.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
After looking into the avatar in question, I've decided that it is not deemed offensive in quality. The depiction is violent, but it is in the abstract. Abstractions are permitted. Violent depictions of gore, horrific scenes and brutality are not. The case against authority is moot, as we have no particular stance for or against, apart from our namesake "the authority on tech".

Please re-upload your avatar and it will be flagged for approval by myself or the moderation team. If you have any issue with this or questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via private message or email at jpishgar@techmedianetwork.com

Thanks!

-JP

Status
Not open for further replies.