Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Dirt 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
General Info on How To Enter

• ■ These giveaways now span 2 full weeks instead of 1. This means there's more time for you to enter!
    ■ There are now two ways to enter to win! Each person can only win once.

• 1. Enter the raffle via the gleam widget. All we ask for there is a name and a contact email. There will only ever be 1 copy of the game up for grabs with this method.

2. Take part in the discussion in this thread! A discussion prompt will be provided each time. Just answer the prompt to be eligible to win! Eligible participants will be randomly selected to receive a copy of the game.
[widget="https://gleam.io/SnLp9/toms-hardware-steam-giveaway-dirt-4", 600][/widget]

It's been a while, but we're back. That's right, time for another Tom's Hardware Steam giveaway! We have three copies of Dirt 4 up for grabs this time. The twelfth (no that isn't a typo) game in the Colin McRae Rally series, Dirt 4 is one of those great games that straddles the line between Arcade fun and Simulation racing. With an 83% on Metacritic, Dirt 4 is off to a promising start.

You all know the drill: enter the raffle above and answer the discussion prompt below for your chance to win one copy of Dirt 4

And now, for the discussion prompt:

What's your favorite racing game? Is it a simulator? Mario Kart? An arcade classic like Hydro Thunder?

Update: We have a Twitch Livestream Playthrough happening today, Friday June 23rd at 4 PM EDT.

The Steam Giveaway will run until 12 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 23rd. The game will be awarded to the winners as a Steam gift. A Steam account is required to receive the prize and play the game.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I'm going to have to say Carmageddon 2 is my favorite racing game. I was almost going to say something like GRID or Dirt 3, but then I remembered how I must've spent literally thousands of hours as a teenager crashing and smashing cars in Carma 2. Gonna hafta call that one my favorite then. :)

Gran Turismo 2. Hands down the best racing game I have ever played. Too bad the series was limited to playstation... such a waste of an awesome franchise.

Teddi Aydarov

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
More like arcade games, but I like simulators too. The games I like is Project Cars, Need for Speed series, F1, Dirt series and all others near those levels of experience

duckandchicken

Reputable
May 19, 2015
I quite love racing game, my favorite maybe "Biker Mice from Mars" had alot fun with friend back in the days.
And Gran Turismo 3 in PS2. Sad we dont have fun racing game with 4 player anymore, now seem there is only Mario Kart

zahoome

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
I'm not sure I can pick just one. Pole Position, Super Off Road, Super R.C. Pro-Am (this got super frustrating...), Micro Machines, Excite Bike, Death Track, Skunny Kart (Mario Kart knock-off), many of the early Need For Speed games (especially Porsche Unleashed), Interstate 76, many iterations of Colin McRae... and more recently Project Cars and Assetto Corsa.

Let's say Porsche Unleashed for now.

glez13

Reputable
May 19, 2015
Actually my favorite racing game is also from Codemasters, Grid: Autosport. While it's not as good as it could have been with the low textures first person view, I just love Codemasters right mix of arcade and simulation. The only real simulation game I have been into is Richard Burns Rally, that's probably why I also kinda liked Dirt Rally.

Need for Speed III was great, and was the first NFS game I ever played. The police chases made for a neat gameplay element, and the tracks were interesting. It was somewhat amusing that the police let you off with a warning the first couple times they run you off the road each race though. : P

I've played a good number of racing games, so it's hard to pick a favorite. So I'll go with something that's a bit different and only vaguely racing-game-like and pick Race The Sun. I mean, you're sort of racing. The sun. <_<

war77el

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
If we're talking about racing games exclusively and not any game with driving cars, my favourite MODERN day racing game would have to be "Wipeout". Other than that, if im not looking for a thrill and just want to chill, "Absolute Drift" is the go-to. Taking it back to childhood, "F-Zero" on SNES was god-tier. "Kinetica" on PS2 was also a regular in the disc tray.

If you love Wipeout you should check out BallisticNG on Steam. It is free and awesome: http://store.steampowered.com/app/473770/BallisticNG/

Sarge_T

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
My all-time favorite is probably Gran Turismo - great memories with that game (I know it's not on PC, but still!)

BudMaister

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
I loved Gran Turismo 4, I had the TV near a big window. During summer, before going out to play soccer, I used to listen to the soundtrack watching the azure sky outside, thinking about the future. For real. Everything looked so big. Everything looked so simple back then. I really wish to feel like that again. :)

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Mario Kart Double Dash as it's what got me into the Mario Kart series. I had fun playing this with my siblings and cousins when I was younger. So many great memories with the 2v2 races where one would drive and the other would control the items.

If I had to only pick one, overall without question NFS Porsche Unleashed from 1999-2000. The graphics for the time, especially running a 1600x1200 19" Sony Trinitron monitor, were like a whole new world. The country towns, the villages, city of Monte Carlo, the woods, and even the cars themselves were so realistic for the time. While it wasn't really a sim which is what I prefer the most, it did feel somewhat realistic with my Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback wheel for the time. There were difference forces and car control between road, snow/ice, and dirt. So I think the best thing to do is describe my favorite from each genre category:

Arcade - NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Sim/Arcade hybrid: Grid Autosport
Sim - Assetto Corsa
Rally - DiRT Rally

Grid 2 was kinda funny
but my favorite one is Grand Prix 2 I think
just because I was a kid and I think that was the first or one of the first games I've ever played
and the hours I put into this....
good times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.