Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway: 'Skyrim: Special Edition'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
Anyone who bought the original and all the DLC already has the special edition. It looks much better than the original release, but not as good as the original + 3rd party mods.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I was missing one DLC and I didn't catch wind of the freebie option for DLC owners until it was too late.

Anyway, while what you say is true, I believe there is more potential in Skyrim SE - mods are free to consume a LOT more RAM for one thing. You can still mod away so if you want super realistic textures, I'm sure they're out there. It's built around DX11 instead of (I believe) DX9 in Skyrim. It also comes stock with some pretty-graphics extras like volumetric lighting (godrays), SSAO, lots of other shadow improvements like smoother shadows + shadow movement, temporal AA, rain occlusion, flowing water shaders, dynamic DoF, reduced pop-in when moving fast, and probably other tweaks. Some of that could be added with mods, but not all of it, and it's nice to have it baked in. It does require a beefy system to turn crank godrays up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS